Force 300 poor signal, low badwidth

Hi guys,
I’m trying 8km ptp link across the city very clear LOS, first time using cambium product, I went with Force 300 hoping to push atleast 100mb…shock on me!!! I can only do 27mb yet I’ve seen testimonies of guys pushing 200mb + with same product, a collegue of mine is pushing 180mb + with Force 200…whats wrong with this configs?

More screenshots

judging from your pol mismatch, this isn't a clear LOS shot or is tuned to a lobe.  You've also got some serious noise under you.... frankly, with that noise its doing very well. 

i'd suggest 2 things, increase the height of the dishes on both ends, make sure nothing large is near the bottom of the dishes like very close to a roof surface.   the signal going in and out of these dishes is many many times larger in size than the dish its self so it will impact objects nearby causing your pol match to be odd in your e-align. the goal is to see those numbers all very similar. ideally the same or 1 to 2 points off.    2nd make sure it's not tuned to the lobe of the antennas.   use a digital level and ensure your tilt is dead on the forecasted tilt.  once you know you've made that, then work on your azimuth, swing back and forth all the way through it.  note your best overall power and go back to that point.  repeat on the far end.  

3rd, select another channel with less noise and you should be good to go. 

1 Like

@info wireless wrote:
Hi guys,
I'm trying 8km ptp link across the city very clear LOS, first time using cambium product, I went with Force 300 hoping to push atleast 100mb...shock on me!!! I can only do 27mb yet I've seen testimonies of guys pushing 200mb + with same product, a collegue of mine is pushing 180mb + with Force 200...whats wrong with this configs?

So just to put things in perspective, you're trying to use one of the least expensive PtP radios with bleeding edge firmware in a noisy city environment and you're expecting 200+mbps?! As Chris said... you're lucky to be getting anything out of this link!! The spectrum is trashed. If I were you I'd go licensed, but if 5GHz is YOUR ONLY OPTION, use some PTP670's and 2' dishes setup with +-45deg polarity (or possibly even an UltraHorn). It's designed for high noise environments like this. The F300 is NOT!

2 Likes

Thanks guys for the advice, I appreciate alot. I agree this is a noisy environment, a couple 120 degrees sectors nearby and a bunch of powerbeam M5 dishes…
I managed to play around with the configs a lil bit, the main thing I did is to interchange the modes so the AP became the Subscriber vice versa…now am able to push ard 80mbps…however, I will try find a more quiet place for one of the dishes…

Cool, glad things are some better for you. :slight_smile: I’ll second what was said about per-chain signals though… anytime there is a big mismatch in chains, that’s a problem. That’s an aiming problem, an obstruction problem, a water-in-a-connector problem, a pigtail problem, a hardware problem - something. Obviously with F300’s it’s not a connector or pigtail… but a big chain mismatchn is SOME sort of problem. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks ninedd,

I've tried all I can with the alignment but thats the best I can get out of this deployment, it must be because of the noise issue.

Another issue I've experienced with this point to point setup is I cannot navigate to the web gui login page of the AP side when I'm plugged in from the STA side, ping is ok and bandwidth is flowing but I still cant reach the login page.

The only time am able to reach it remotely through port forwarding but only when there is NO established wireless connection btwn the two and both have internet access, immediately a wireless connection btwn the two is established the connection to the AP side is lost...what could cause this sort of behaviour?

@info wireless wrote:

Thanks ninedd,

I've tried all I can with the alignment but thats the best I can get out of this deployment, it must be because of the noise issue.

Another issue I've experienced with this point to point setup is I cannot navigate to the web gui login page of the AP side when I'm plugged in from the STA side, ping is ok and bandwidth is flowing but I still cant reach the login page.

The only time am able to reach it remotely through port forwarding but only when there is NO established wireless connection btwn the two and both have internet access, immediately a wireless connection btwn the two is established the connection to the AP side is lost...what could cause this sort of behaviour?

that behavior with the station is by design, you'll need to enable management access over ethernet and wireless to reach both sides. (its not on by default) 

1 Like

Yes, the AP has selectable options for either just Ethernet management access or both Ethernet and Wireless.

1 Like

Thanks Chris & ninedd, it worked...I can now login to either side from the other.