Force 400c bugs

Hi all I have a 400c link that we recently got set up and I have a couple things I noticed. This link is 24km and prior was a ptp 550 link.
The first thing I noticed is on Maestro, the signal for DL and UL on the slave dashboard shows N/A and has been for over 2 days… not a huge deal.
The second thing is that I am seeing, not constant but more random, on the slave’s performance tab in the wireless statistics -Uplink spot, the Link Quality will go from 100% to zero and then back to 100%. I do not se any network loss or drop off, everything seems to stay online. Perhaps a bug? I didnt see anywhere than the epmp section to post this but I apologize if I am in the wrong place.

Update
I also see that there is no frame time usage in the performance section… I have a Force 300 ptp link and the master shows a frame time usage.

Hi,

1. Are you running latest 5.1.3 on your Force400c master and slave? On my setup I do not see N/A for DL and UL RSSI on cnMaestro. Please let me know if you continue to see this issue while on 5.1.3 firmware.
  2. About slave - Wireless Uplink - Link Quality, how often does it drop intermittently to 0 and come back to 100? Also, please make sure you have 5.1.3 firmware on master and slave. If already on 5.1.3, please send me techSupport files from master and slave devices. To grab techSupport files, go to - Tools > Backup/Restore > Backup Technical Support File > Download. Send them to chinmay.keskar@cambiumnetworks.com
    In general, because of intermittent interference, if link quality goes down, radio should rate adapt and go to lower modulation resultig in link quality again becoming higher than when it went down.
  3. 400c and 425 are operating in ePTP mode, in which there is no fixed frame size (of 5 ms like we have in Force 300 TDD PTP as you mentioned). In ePTP, frame size can vary depending on payload. Because of this, frame time used percentage is not possible in ePTP mode. After we will have TDD mode (in the future), in which frame time is fixed (5 ms for example), we will have the frame time percentage on AX PTP devices as well.
3 Likes

Hi, thank you for the reply.

1. Yes using 5.1.3… Still seeing the DL and UL RSSI as N/A on Maestro

2 I will send you the files asap

I also see that I cannot set the range of the link in the master so I have this showing…

Please hover your mouse over warning sign. It says, link will auto adjust for current range. So, you do not need to change this. It auto adjusts.
Also, feel free to open a support ticket with questions, issues. At support.cambiumnetworks.com > Submit a request on top right corner.
Thank you.

I have the same issue, the Link quality will go from 100% to zero and then back to 100%.
Im on 5.1.3 firmware

@cperalta
Please send me techSupport files from master and slave devices. To grab techSupport files, go to - Tools > Backup/Restore > Backup Technical Support File > Download. Send them to chinmay.keskar@cambiumnetworks.com

Hi, I cannot backup the device tech file. I click download and it does not do anything. just this…

I have to refresh the page to get it out of that stat.

Hi @DigitalMan2020,

is this Force installed in field or on your table?

it is in the field at this time

Is there any NAT, firewall, proxy between you and radio?
Is it AP or STA?
Did you try with different browser?

We usually get this issue when we need to clear the browser cache, not sure why this matters since the webpages are not stateful (no cookies and runs on JASON scripts) but it does the trick for us.

Did you solve the problem ?