Force 425's are unstable

Yeah man my whole nw is Netonix. Cheers

1 Like

Hi Simon, not necessarily true. Here’s a post I made a week ago, because I love the epmp3000 ePMP3000's are awesome - #2 by aka

Cheers

4 Likes

I have an update on the F400C link;

It has been stable for 16 days now, with no drops, no self reboots and no MCS bug. I achieved this by upgrading the AP end to 5.4.1 and leaving the SM end on 5.3.

It may have been stable with 5.4.1 on both ends but when I put the SM on 5.4.1 as well, the DL modulation dropped from DS11 to DS7, and I couldn’t have that. This link is 40Mhz channel.

So, good news!

I’m updating the F425 link to 5.4.1RC4 in 10 hours. This link is also 40Mhz at the mo. I will report back on my findings.

2 Likes

I have more updates;

For 19 days now the F400C link is still stable with 5.4.1 on the AP and 5.3 on the SM. No disconnects, no self reboots and no MCS bug. Modulation is stable too.

The F425 link has been stable since upgrading the same, with AP on 5.4.1 and SM on 5.3. Also a correction; this link is running at 80Mhz not 40, and is smoking, at 3.2Kms with MCS DS9 both ways I get 600Mbps. MCS has also stabilised. It’s only been 36 hours so will update again soon.

2 Likes

Good stuff. Following this as we have been holding off on the 4000 until it was more stable. We have been testing a F400 CSM PTP link at 10.4 miles with 5.4.1 and its been solid for 17 days now, no drops, good latency.

2 Likes

Yeah man mine are still stable too. I’m sure 5.4.1 would be fine at both ends, the only reason i’m running mismatched is because when I put 5.4.1 on the Sm end, modulation drops from DS11 to DS7 in the DL, but when only the AP is on 5.4.1 it stays at DS11.
I will be changing this to resolved if this stays stable! I’m very happy with this result.

When you check either radio’s Monitor → Performance page, at the bottom, check for the % of packets sent at each modulation level… does the % sent at DS11 vs. DS7 change based on the firmware you’re using?

2 Likes

I have had the same experience with F425, I have submitted the issue to support, but there has been no solution yet. When i replace the f425 with F300, the performance is perfect.

Hi Timothy, try upgrading the AP to 5.4.1 and put the SM on 5.3. If that fixes the issue, try putting both on 5.4.1.

Ive been running this config for 22 days with no disconnects - I think it might be resolved. It took a year but now we here!

It would be interesting to know if 5.4.2 resolves the issues for you guys or not. :+1:

This has not helped even after upgrading both to v5.4.2

Tim did you try leaving the SM on 5.3 and the AP on 5.4.1?

Im getting close to a month now like this without any issues on f400c link.

How many links do you have with issues? If its just one, theres always the possibility of an actual hardware fault.

1 Like

Yes, i did as you said. This is happening on all f425 links, i have tried 3 links .

My next step is putting these on table test since they are now mounted

I have another update:

The F400C link has been stable for 32 days now with the above firmware config.

The F425 link dropped. I am now going to upgrade the SM end to 5.4.1 and see how that goes. FYI it was the F400C link that had reduced performance with both ends on 5.4.1. I have not yet tried the F425 link with both ends on 5.4.1.

I will report back here with my findings.

2 Likes

Hello @TimoWanume and @riddle,

I’ve an engineering ticket for F400 dropping to low MCS in uplink. I here about it for some time already.
But I can not get a clear reproduce in the lab. Probably it is too perfect environment even with RF noise
in our lab and when I put the radios radiating up on the bench. I had the remote sessions and asked the customers to send me tech support files when it is in progress or right after it on 5.4.1 or 5.4.2.
During this month all my contacts reported no reproduce. Now it looks intermittent.

Please, help me to catch it! Send me your techsupport files or PM me for a brief remote session!
If you have already opened tickets and attached techsupport files on 5.4.1/5.4.2, PM me ticket numbers.

Hi Andrii,

My F400C link has been stable for nearly 35 days with the above fw config. I have support files from the issue occurring under 5.3 at both ends and have sent that to your engineers via a ticket already.

My F425 link is dropping a lot now. Every few days. Waiting for weekend to load 5.4.1 on the SM end, as weekend less stressful for possible outage.

Let me know if you want mcs bug support files from 5.3.

1 Like

I have another update:

The reason the DL MCS rate dropped when I put the SM end on 5.4.1 was because this fw version allowed control of MCS rates in both directions from the SM. And, as as soon as radio was upgraded from 5.3 to 5.4.1, the DL MCS rate was hard set to DS7. I don’t know why, but by putting it on auto, the DL MCS rate has stayed at DS11 in both directions.

This removes the need for me to run mismatched fw on AP and SM. I will now start monitoring again running 5.4.2 on both ends and keep you updated. This post only applied to F400C.

1 Like

How do you use the failover? using the Extendmm feature in siklu or every link conected directly to your switches?

I’m using extendMM at some sites and a separate router port at other sites. At the locations I use a second port, it is so I can switch off the Siklu if needed to conserve power. These are almost all solar sites.

Hi i also have issue with my F425 . the uplink only stays at 30% consistent while downlink is consistent at 100%. THis are the screenshot of the link signal.