Force dishes quality control

I have a couple issues with these dishes I want to ask to see if anyone else has the same issues.

1. Fit of the feed horn to the actual Keyhole on the dish is terrible. The last 20 or so we have recieved DO NOT FIT and we have to grind down the plastic as well as scrape off the white powder coating from the keyhole section of the dish to alloe the feed horn to fit in.

2.  The hardware that secures the dish to the pole. This hardware although looks nice and strong sees that the threads on the longer bolts tend to sieze up after tighening and untigntening to adjust radio and become so bad we have to physically cut them off as they strip and lock up leaving us no option to cut them off and replace them with galvenized ones.

3. The little metal clips that hold on the grid to the front of the dish tend to pop off even with the plastic retainers attached. Is there a better method to kep the clips on? we hav had to use epoxy or glue to keep the plastic retainers on a few dishes. We have been doing it to all them now.

4. The hex key screw in the radio will not secure to the threaded insert on the plastec base on the back of the dish. The actual threaded insert appears to be bigger than the screw in the radio or maybe the screw in the radio is to small? not sure on this one we have had 3 like this. We ended up once again having to epoxy the radio screw to the threaded hole.

5. When tightening the hardware to the pole or sat arm after we get the dish ligned up, the dish tends to walk up or down thus putting the dish out of slight alignment again its a constant battle to keep it aligned while tightening the screws. I have had to have the guys hold on to the dish to keep it from moving while tightening but this does not always work. Sometimes losing 3-4n db in the process and adding extra time to get it tight.

Other than that they seem pretty good.  We have put in well over 150 of these in the last 6 months so these are the things we have noticed.

Anyone else have anything to add?

After you pull the little metal clips through, make sure the protrubing tab is sticking out enough to keep the clip from going back through the hole.  We found giving it a little bend with pliers keeps it in place for good and we have never had one come loose.

Never had any of the other problems you describe but we have noticed that it sometimes takes quite a bit of pressure to get the feedhorn to snap into place.

The extra pressure is due to the fact the powercoating is either to much or the opening needs to be bigger by just a hair to compensate for the addtion of the poweder coating. Thier tolerences are off just enought. I have litterlyy tried to beat the feed horn in to get it to fit without success which is not a good thing to beat it as I am sure its not good for it.

Its the tolerences or the palstic on the feed horn is to think one of the two. We have just resorted to scraping the powder coating off so it fits perfect every time.

We have also replaced all the stainless hardware with galvonized which works MUCH MUCH better and we have not had one issue with the nuts and bolts seixing up anymore.

I was going to go get some anti-seizing compound to put on the stainless threads to see if that keeps them from locking up but i have not had a chance yet.

Does Cambium have spare parts for these units like the metal and plastic grill clips we can order seperatly?

Thanks

@accelwireless wrote:

The extra pressure is due to the fact the powercoating is either to much or the opening needs to be bigger by just a hair to compensate for the addtion of the poweder coating. Thier tolerences are off just enought. I have litterlyy tried to beat the feed horn in to get it to fit without success which is not a good thing to beat it as I am sure its not good for it.

Its the tolerences or the palstic on the feed horn is to think one of the two. We have just resorted to scraping the powder coating off so it fits perfect every time.

We have also replaced all the stainless hardware with galvonized which works MUCH MUCH better and we have not had one issue with the nuts and bolts seixing up anymore.

I was going to go get some anti-seizing compound to put on the stainless threads to see if that keeps them from locking up but i have not had a chance yet.

Does Cambium have spare parts for these units like the metal and plastic grill clips we can order seperatly?

Thanks

Hello,

We don't have the spare parts setup to be orderable but I can dig up some extras in our lab and send them to you. Please send me an email off line at sakid.ahmed@cambiumnetworks.com

Thanks

Sakid

I can't think of anything I like about the force dishes other than the ability to remove/replace the radio without dissambling the thing (like the Ubiquiti Nanobridges ) and being able to use standard connecorized radio.

I would like to have a 5 gallon bucket full of those carrage bolts and 10 minutes alone in a room with the person/group that approved/designed the Force110.

1 Like

My installer said the same thing after putting together his first dish last night.