Fortce 300 PtP

Good Day, 

I need some assistance please,

I do have a PtP Force 300 installed for myself, I'm on 80Mhz settings and the transmitted power is max 30db i only get 15mb what can be the problem?

Thanks all.

Can you please share print screen for eAlign: Tools > eAlign and also Monitor > Performance.

Signal level and modulation are two probably the most important things to check.

Kind regards

What does the spectrum look like? Can you post an SA or ACS? Have you tried using smaller channel widths to start out with?

Ruan,

You'll likely get better results with smaller channel sizes. 80MHz is a large channel and it's usually very difficult to find 80MHz of clean spectrum. You're probably suffering from interference in your channel, degrading your Signal to Noise Ratio, resulting in lower modulations and lower speed. As others have suggested, run a spectrum scan to determine what the RF landscape looks like then select the cleanest channel and a channel size that will fit into that window.  

2 Likes

This is my result, can you please assist by telling me how to read this so i can now in future please, I'm new with cambium, and would apriciate assistance. To know how to look for the less interference.

Thanks

@AnzeZ wrote:

Can you please share print screen for eAlign: Tools > eAlign and also Monitor > Performance.

Signal level and modulation are two probably the most important things to check.

Kind regards

On this one the big orange block i assume is the AP on my tower side because it says Mbabala AP and that is my AP name? Or how does it work?

Just to experiment, you may want to try going to 40 Mhz channels, and also try moving your channel up fomr 5280 to 5290 or 5300 (whatever fits' you in between those other busy channels) just to see what your Link Test results are then.

We get over 300 Mbit per second on our Force300 PTP links in 40 Mhz

1 Like

Also - what does your TOOLS -> WIRELESS LINK TEST on the AP side report when you do a link test for 10 or 20 seconds?  This is one of ours in 40Mhz widths, which is 315 Mbit aggregate. :) 

1 Like

Completely off topic here but I'm genuinely curious, why does almost everyone obfusticate MAC addresses ?  I can't figure out what I could do with the mac address of someone else's device , or what someone else could do, if they had the MAC of one of my customer radios.   Not to mention that if someone was actually where they could make use of my MAC address then they almost certainly could get the MAC address anyway.

I mean, I obfusticate them also because everyone else does it and you know, better safe than sorry, but still curious why this is a thing.

LOL. I also obfusticate them because everyone else does.