Function of "Enable Max Tx Power" parameter?

Hey all,

We were wondering what the function of the "Enable Max Tx Power" under "Power Control" in PMP450 SMs is.

Thanks.

Hello, the naming is a bit confusing, but enabling the max TX power will limit the TX power to the specified value (typically less than maximum for the band).  Basically, you would enable that feature if you want to limit the TX power (and EIRP) to a value less than the regulatory maximum for the band.  The default option is 'Auto' in which the radio will automatically adjust it's TX power (within regulatory allowed levels) to meet the SM Receive Target level value, configured on the AP.

I would recommend leaving the SM TX power at auto and adjusting the SM Receive Target Level if needed.  There are recommended settings based on whether you are using GPS sync or operating in a DFS band (i.e. -60 to -65dBm).  Otherwise you can set it to a higher value (i.e. -52dBm).

3 Likes

In 450 SM there's not Auto option but onlu enable and disable

@Telemar wrote:

In 450 SM there's not Auto option but onlu enable and disable

Setting the SM's "Enable Max Tx Power" to disabled allows the SM's power to automatically be set using the AP's "SM Receive Target Level" power control aka automatic transmit power control aka ATPC. So setting to disabled, is like setting the SM's power to auto in a manner of speaking.

3 Likes

Thank you. Very clear