Google Earth coverage through Linkplanner

We are interested to give a map coverage using the soil elevation and not only the classic coverage cone.

So you know that the coverage is not available behind a mountain etc...

Linkplanner use a similar mode showing the elevation and the Fresnel zone for the selected costumer (SM).

We have find a way to export Radio Link (the famous software)  but is very tedious.

There's a way to export the right coverage with soil elevation (hills, mountains etc...) or you know a kind of software do that?

Thank you!

I apologize in advance—I’m not sure that I understand your question entirely, but let me try to answer!

Google Earth coverage through Linkplanner

We are interested to give a map coverage using the soil elevation and not only the classic coverage cone.

So you know that the coverage is not available behind a mountain etc...

I think what you’re saying here is that you’d like the map (offline and Google) to show more than the antenna azimuth, modeled beamwidth, and SM range.

I think that you’d like the map to show a color-coded map of received signal level over hill and dale, using the actual AP antenna pattern. (This is commonly known as a “heat map”.)

This is probably LINKPlanner’s most requested feature; we are well aware of the need for such a feature.

Linkplanner use a similar mode showing the elevation and the Fresnel zone for the selected costumer (SM).

We have find a way to export Radio Link (the famous software)  but is very tedious.

There's a way to export the right coverage with soil elevation (hills, mountains etc...) or you know a kind of software do that?

I think you’ve found a way to export terrain, clutter, buildings, trees, etc. from Radio Link into LINKPlanner, but you have to do this link by link, path profile by path profile. (This can be tediuous and time consuming for large projects.)

Notice that the SRTM (and other types of data) that LINKPlanner uses may include clutter, buildings, etc.

Here’s more information on LINKPlanner path profiles: http://linkplanner.cambiumnetworks.com/doc/path_profiles.html

“Note that the SRTM and ASTER data collection methods generally map the top of the landscape including its land cover, which means that significant areas of land cover such as forest and urban areas may be incorporated into the terrain height. The SRTM data collection happened in February, a period of minimum leaf cover for northern latitude deciduous forests.”

At this time, we don’t know of any other ways to import path profiles into LINKPlanner (other than what’s already mentioned in the LINKPlanner user guide: http://linkplanner.cambiumnetworks.com/doc/import_file_formats.html

Thank you!

Thank you for your interest!

I hope this helps!

Dave

Thank you for your response Dave!

I think I was'nt very clear with my question.

I'd like that exporting the .kmz file not show like this:

google1.JPG

More like this:

GoogleEarth004.jpg

GoogleEarth005.jpg

Thank you!

Indeed!

I'd call this a heat map as well.

As you know, LINKPlanner doesn't support heat maps.

If you need heat maps, please contact your Cambium Networks Regional Sales Manager or Regional Technical Manager, and they will assist. (Depending upon the size of the project and your requirements, Cambium Networks may be able to provide heat maps as a service to you.)

I hope this helps!

Dave

Thank you David!