Guidlines-4.9 GHz antenna separation, panel vs. dish antenna

We have a number of sites to build with PTP links only, generally two or three links all in the 4.9GHz band per site.
We’ll TDD synchronize them but we’re looking for technical/installation guidelines for when to use panel antennas and when to use dish antennas. We already use linkplanner but we’re wondering about self-interference on a site.

We’ve heard 20-25 feet of either vertical or horizontal separation on the same channel with flat panel antennas works. What about dishes?

Does anyone have any guidelines/test results/ for separation for flat panel and dish antennas on the same channel or contigious channels in any band or specific to 4.9GHz??

It is never suggested to use the panel antennas for anything you do with public safety. You should always use parabolics. Also if you are going to do a high-density site you should install high-performance dishes. They have a shroud around the antenna and a radome, both of which help to reduce interference when colocated. I seem to recall link planner or maybe the ptp600 guide had information on colocating links, and how to do the channel reuse (there is an example) but I could be wrong. Maybe it was another doc I had read ?

In the past (old days) I have colocated three 4.9GHz backhauls that operated using 10MHz channels on one tower, all at roughly the same elevation, give or take 20 feet. This was using non-motorola gear as there was not anything offered in the PS band at the time. As long as I had the correct channel spacing there was not an issue.

I know the original design could be improved on because back then they just had standard parabolic antennas and not high performance versions. Like I said, the HP version of antenna will further cut down on emissions both at the site and in the surrounding area. It would behoove you to keep the spectrum as clean as possible.