Headset help please

I am using a headset and listening to tone on the 900 Sm and it bounces all over even on a good signal. I register it and it still jumps sometimes and sometimes it doesnt. i tried disabling 2x mode but i think it just tries to keep syncing and scanning and trying to adjsut and it makes the tone jump all around. Is there a setting on the Sm to make it a steady tone? Should i be in aimingmode or AP eval or just what mode is best for the headset. thank you

i know there is fluctuations in the tone but im talking from hi-pitch right down to low and back to hi etc. not small jumps but big ones.

mike

I have never run into this before. On all strong signals the tone is so loud and high pitched that it is almost hard to listen to. Once you hear alterations (jumping two to three levels up and down) Id be leary of the quality of signal (most likely caused by changes in the jitter). What is a “good” signal to you? Taking into account power level, RSSI, and most importantly the link test results has always netted the best results for me.

mhussey wrote:
I have never run into this before. On all strong signals the tone is so loud and high pitched that it is almost hard to listen to. Once you hear alterations (jumping two to three levels up and down) Id be leary of the quality of signal (most likely caused by changes in the jitter). What is a "good" signal to you? Taking into account power level, RSSI, and most importantly the link test results has always netted the best results for me.

It would make the jumps with the signal in the 50's. Its the scanning and syncing and aiming and the stuff the SM does that makes it jump. Should i power up in aiming mode? Disable 2x? What steps do you take to start with headset. You cant just plug it in on a brand new SM and go with it.

mike

I’ve had this problem before and 99% of the time it’s because the SM’s MAC wasn’t put in Prizm or the it was entered into Prizm wrong and it won’t authenticate.

If your useing Prizm check the MAC for the SM or reenter it. Or turn off Authentication on the AP.

Tone only works when the sm is registering or registered.