How to get Neighbors List to populate?

New to Cambium but really finding the products solid so far! (I’m a Ubiquiti guy…)

One question: I just set up an E600 at home and am going through the config areas to become familiar. I can’t figure out how to populate the Neighbors List area. Screenshot:

I know for sure there are a ton of neighboring APs around since I live in a dense urban area and can see them on all my devices. I assume maybe I need to enable this somewhere but I can’t find it. Anyone got a tip?

1 Like

Hi @cireddy are there any logs etc I can submit to help debug this problem? Thank you

what is the AP firmware version ? Neighbors list is populated when OCS is enabled.

meanwhile if you have access to AP CLI, try " show wireless neighbors" command in the CLI, the output of this command is shown in the cnMaestro.

Regards
Anand

Hi,

Please enable OCS in radio option in AP group. Enable for 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz radio if you need neighbors on both radios .Uploading image for configurations. After enabling OCS wait for 5 mins. Please lets us if not working and upload your configuration

Regards,
Raghavendra.N

1 Like

@Anandakrishnan and @Raghavendra_N

Yes, thank you. After enabling OCS the neighbor list is populated. Is there a performance penalty for enabling this option? I haven’t done much testing but would like to know, and if so what is the least impactful value to use.

Thank you again.

Hi Luke,
Enabling OCS will have performance impact , but it would not be significant since OCS happens only at the configured interval.

Regards
Anand

Hi Luke,

Enabling OCS won’t impact much performance but very little. AP does OCS in very 6 seconds for a period of 50ms ( default time OCS scan interval & OCS dwell time to 50 ms).

Regards,
Raghavendra.N