How to Reset PTP 820E to Factory config from hardware

How to Reset PTP 820E ODU to factory configuration when we can not access from management port because i make mistake by Reserved Services
I’m trying access from another site and management port but i cannot
If there is any way to reset ODU from hardware like button …etc
please help

I did a similar thing on an 850e. Open a ticket with Cambium when you have access to the management port, and they will log in with a tool, and reset the unit for you. Took me 10min after I put in the ticket. They were very responsive.

i cannot access to the unit by Management port …that why we need to reset the unit ,

Hello @adeeb_shebani ,

the same issue happened to me on the PTP 820S. There a recovery Ethernet cable you need to prepare.

If this is hard, let me know, I can assist you further.

Sincerely yours,

NIRAGIRA Olympe

1 Like

thanks brother. We use Backdoor connection …everything OK now
Sincerely yours,

Hello Adeeb,

thank you!

Sincerely yours,

NIRAGIRA Olympe

I know this is years old but I’m hoping you might be able to clarify something for me. I’m confused by the pin description for the split cable. 1,2,3,6->1,2,3,6 and 1,2,3,6->4,5,7,8. The connector I plug into the radio’s management port has all 8 pins filled? Then I fill the MNG connector end at 1,2,3,6 pins and the PROT connector at 4,5,7,8 pins? That would leave 4 pins empty on each connector? I have tried this but I don’t get a connection to the radio on either connector, MNG or PROT? Obviously I’m doing something wrong and I’m hoping you might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thank you,
David

Are you talking about PTP820E? with PTP820E, you need yo use a PTP820 Mini MNG Cable. Please refer to the userguide for detail.
https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/file/1a52729e53807d780e401a1f1cabd7f90016573c
page 106

I’m trying to reset the login IP for a 820s so I’m attempting to make a PTP 820_MIMO_Prot_ mng_spltr.

Please refer to another thread which talked about backdoor connection to 820S.

Backdoor to 820s - Products / PTP - Cambium Community (cambiumnetworks.com)
The PROT pins will lead you to the backdoor IP address. Please comment on that thread if it is not clear

Hello Mr. @David_NNC ,

The PTP 820_MIMO_Prot_ mng_spltr. will be plugged:

1. One end on your PC with normal RJ-45 connector code
  2. One end on the PTP 820S management port or Port 5 as in the below procedure.

Connect on the radio port as shown here:

Sincerely yours,

Niragira Olympe

Backdoor Rj45 1

From left to Right
Pin 1 blue
Pin 2 White+blue
Jump to
Pin 6 White+brown

Back door Rj45 2
From left to Right
Pin 1 White+Orange