Device : PMP450 SM
When the SM is in NAT mode and WAN interface is set to DHCP, we would not be able to set the Remote Management Interface to ‘’Use WAN Interface’’ and it would fall back to Standalone configuration.
Below is the procedure to resolve this issue:
We prefer to access the SM over the AP (LUID) to make sure we don’t lose the GUI access.
- On the SM, Configuration >> NAT set the ‘’WAN Interface’’ Connection Type as ‘’Static’’
- Set the IP assigned to the radio.
- On the same tab under ‘’Remote Configuration Interface >> Remote Management Interface set it to ‘’Use WAN Interface’’
Note: You need to enter the DNS manually since the AUTO DNS can be enabled only in the DHCP or PPPoE mode
4. Save and Reboot the radio.
5. Once the radio comes back, set the ‘’WAN Interface’’ Connection Type as ‘’DHCP’’ under Configuration >> NAT 6. You can change the DNS to Automatic now.
7. Save and Reboot.
You should be able to see the configuration set as per your requirement.