I am new to epmp 1000 to my network for configuration, my internet stops to work.

my epmp 1000 (5 GHz connectorised) is having a LAN ip of 192.168.1.225 and my gateway is 192,168.1.1 (my router) . The moment I connect the LAN cable to epmp 1000 my internet stops working. I pull it back and the internest resumes. where am i going wrong??

I'm trying to figure out how you have you have it connected.

Is your router in bridge mode?   If so then the antenna would be the default gateway.

If the router is routing, then the EPMP would be in bridge/nat mode and be on a different subnet.

Just a thought, if you could draw out how you have everything connected that would help.

Thanks,

Ryo

Hi Shiva,

Please provide us with the topology diagram with all the details such as IP, Port number, Vlan... Also, share the 

following screenshot of each tabs mentioned below from issue radio for analysis.

a. Home page,
b. Quick Start page
c. Configuration>>Radio, QOS, System, Network & Security,
d. Monitor>>Performance, System, Wireless, Network.
e. Monitor>>Syslog, download the log and send it to us.

Regards,

Vijay Gnanamurtthi

I suspect Ryo is onto the right answer.  For a quick check, set the radios to 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3 as a test to see if things work better.

@Shiva wrote:

my epmp 1000 (5 GHz connectorised) is having a LAN ip of 192.168.1.225 and my gateway is 192,168.1.1 (my router) . The moment I connect the LAN cable to epmp 1000 my internet stops working. I pull it back and the internest resumes. where am i going wrong??

I did not fully understand the question, but I'm going to give it a shot.

If a Windows computer is connected both by Ethernet cable and by WiFi, it gives preference to the gateway for the wired port. If you want to configure a device on your wired Ethernet port while being connected by WiFi  to the Internet, you need to remove your gateway address from your wired Ethernet port.

You can always access an ePMP radio at 169.254.1.1. Give your wired Ethernet port an address in that range (with no gateway), and you will be able to configure each radio you connect. 

If this has nothing to do with your question, please disregard!

-Chris

1 Like