I need optimize PMP 450 Medusa Deployment to 100%

Hello community

I have an implementation with 450 Medusa in a video surveillance project. I need to optimize it to improve bandwidth and maintain the stability it has today.

Each of the AP has an average of 40 cameras with resolution in 720p 25 fps H265. I need improve the resolution to Full HD 1080p. Each of the SM's handles modulations between 4x and 6x in UPLINK. The devices handle firmware version 16.0 in its entirety.

To make this improvement, I need to answer some questions about current performance and other questions about how MU MIMO works.

First, attach images of the configuration and statistics of one of the 450m.

About the configuration What is your opinion about this configuration? Can i improve this?

As for the pps that 450m can handle I understand that it is 100000pps but I have not managed to understand the following: The cameras in the current configuration approximately handle 2.5 Mbps and send 225 pps. In 1080p the bandwidth rises to 4 Mbps with about 400pps. How can I relate the packet processing capacity of the panel to the amount of pps that the 40 cameras send?

About MIMO. You can see in the image "Slot grouping" that there are 3 or 4 groups with all transmission data. In this scheme, I am not using all MUMIMO antennas, is that true? I mean, if I want to improve AP performance, all groups must be balanced as 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14 and in this way can I use all the antennas?

In the case that I need to balance the groups, the grouping of SM's depends on the distance between them. What is the distance between SM that we need to form MUMIMO groups?

Any objective contribution is valid and time is appreciated.

Thank you!

Sorry for the English, I don't handle it very well.

Hola comunidad

Tengo una implementación con 450 Medusa en un proyecto de video vigilancia. Necesito optimizarlo para mejorar el ancho de banda y mantener la estabilidad que tiene hoy.

Cada uno de los AP tiene un promedio de 40 camaras con resolucion en 720p 25 fps H265. I need improve the resolution to Full HD 1080p. Cada uno de los SM's manejan modulaciones entre 4x y 6x en UPLINK. Los equipos manejan la version de firmware 16.0 en su totalidad.

Para hacer esta mejora, necesito responder algunas preguntas sobre el rendimiento actual y otras preguntas acerca del funcionamiento de MU MIMO.

Primero, adjute imagenes de la configuración y las estadisticas de uno de los 450m.

Acerca de la configuracion ¿Cuál es su opinión sobre esta configuración? ¿Puedo mejorar esto?

En cuanto los pps que puede manejar 450m tengo entendido que es 100000pps pero no he logrado comprender lo siguiente: Las camaras en la configuracion actual aproximadamente manejan 2.5 Mbps y envian 225 pps. En 1080p el ancho de banda se eleva a 4 Mbps con cerca de 400pps. Como es que yo puedo relacionar la capacidad de procesamiento de paquetes del panel con la cantidad pps que envian las 40 camaras?

Acerca de MIMO. Puede ver en la imagen de "Slot grouping" en MUMIMO que hay 3 o 4 grupos con todos los datos de transmisión. En este esquema, No estoy utilizando todas las antenas MUMIMO, ¿es cierto? Quiero decir, si quiero mejorar el rendimiento del AP, todos los grupos deben estar equilibrados como 14, 14, 14, 14, 14 14, 14 y de esta manera ¿puedo usar todas las antenas?

En el caso que yo necesite equilibrar los grupos, el agrupamiento de SM's depende de la distancia entre ellos.¿Cuál es la distancia entre SM que necesitamos para formar grupos MUMIMO?

Cualquier aporte objetivo es valido y se agradece el tiempo.

Muchas gracias!

1 Like

I have forwarded this to the support and development teams.