Im now glad I went with ePmP

Im reading about entire WISP's going down that are using UBNT gear,and having to roll a truck to every customer to reset to defaults and rebuild thier networks. they apparently have a virus in the wild that it takeing entire systems down. How this happened I do not know, but I am somewhat concerned. Is Cambium investigateing to make sure there are no issues related? I have my gear set up to auto update on new firmware. Are there any thinks that we need to be alerted to?

Hi Mario,

We routinely test our equipment for security and are not aware of any similar issues affecting Cambium products. We do recommend following general operational security advice, such as not having your equipment accessible via the internet and using strong usernames and passwords.

Thanks,

Alex

1 Like

We are are currently swapping out all UBNT PTMP gear over to Cambium due to it's instability. Even a PTP link went down this morning and didn't want to come back up. 

1 Like

@kmitre wrote:

We are are currently swapping out all UBNT PTMP gear over to Cambium due to it's instability. Even a PTP link went down this morning and didn't want to come back up. 

We're having ridiculous probelms with Ubiquiti's ridiculous "Tx Consecutive Error" problems knocking CPEs off of APs, and requiring a power cycle to get them back online.

1 Like