Inconsistency Link Capacity Test

Hi experts,

I have an PMP450b conected to a an 450M AP. The QoS in DL is 155000 Kbps. The problem the occurs is when I do a Link Capacity test in Mode " Link Test with bridging and MIR" the result is 10 Mbps and when I do it in mode "Link Test with Bridging" or "Link Test without Bridging" the result is 57 Mbps in DL.

I don''t understand why using MIR Link Test the result is 10 Mbps when the QoS is 155 Mbps.

The customer do a speedtest and the result is  between 8-10 Mbps.

Anybody can explain me the behaviour of it?

Regards.

This very much sounds like a similar issue that was reported HERE with no follow up resolution from Cambium.

2 Likes

@lcalderon113 wrote:

I have an PMP450b conected to a an 450M AP. The QoS in DL is 155000 Kbps. The problem the occurs is when I do a Link Capacity test in Mode " Link Test with bridging and MIR" the result is 10 Mbps and when I do it in mode "Link Test with Bridging" or "Link Test without Bridging" the result is 57 Mbps in DL.

Hi,

which version: 5 or 3.5Ghz? Which sw version on AP and SM?

Thank you

Hi,

5GHz and 16.0.1 version in AP and SM.

Regards.

We are seeing the same thing on our 450M system.  The only change is updating to firmware version 16.0.1 within the last month.  Before that, no reports of this issue.  Now I am receiving 5+ week and climbing.  Cambium needs to address this quickly or we are gonna have many angry customers. 

Hi lcalderon113 & rnelson,

If a "Link Test with Bridging and MIR" is run with traffic on the sector, the DL rate drops significantly.
This is a known issue and will be fixed in a future release.

Could you please send me engineering.cgi from the AP, when you get a chance.
My email id is balaji.grandhi@cambiumnetworks.com.

Thanks,
Balaji

Hi Balaji, I emailed the file to you.  With MIR selected, the link test is showing around 3Mb down and our customers are reporting that is the throughput received via speed test from the SMs so we do not believe this is merely a display issue on the speed test.

@rnelson wrote:

Hi Balaji, I emailed the file to you.  With MIR selected, the link test is showing around 3Mb down and our customers are reporting that is the throughput received via speed test from the SMs so we do not believe this is merely a display issue on the speed test.

Hi rnelson,

Thanks for the logs. Some parts of the logs were not properly formatted and are difficult to read.

Could you please save the file in ".cgi" format and send it again.

I see that SMs are getting their QoS settings from AAA.

Could you please let me know the MIR settings on the SMs you were having problems with.

Best Regards,

Balaji

Hi Balaji,

Good news!  Per your recommendation, we updated the AP to firmware version to 16.1 from 16.0.1 yesterday afternoon.  We called our customer today and he said the speeds are now what they should be.  We will monitor the AP then roll out firmware to other APs in the next few weeks.

Thank you very much for your help on this!

Hi rnelson,

Glad to hear upgrading to 16.1 resolved your issues.

Thank you for your support yesterday.

Best Regards,

Balaji