indoor wimax cpe

I’ve got them if anyone wants them

mgthump wrote:
I've got them if anyone wants them

Which one do you use and how do they perform?

we have AWB brand. with the right adjustments we have been seeing a little over 5 mb downlink and 2mb up @75 db or better, and 3mb at 80db 2 to 2.5mb up to 85db… they work up to 93 but the thruput really suffers past that point. most of the installs we have used these on have been LOS back to the tower and have been registered at 60 to 75 db.

the CPU seems to be the biggest hold back on getting higher speeds out of them.
we can also get them with a built in ATA if you want them for voice service as well. we have been using them for 2 months without any trouble.

mgthump wrote:
we have AWB brand. with the right adjustments we have been seeing a little over 5 mb downlink and 2mb up @75 db or better, and 3mb at 80db 2 to 2.5mb up to 85db... they work up to 93 but the thruput really suffers past that point. most of the installs we have used these on have been LOS back to the tower and have been registered at 60 to 75 db.

the CPU seems to be the biggest hold back on getting higher speeds out of them.
we can also get them with a built in ATA if you want them for voice service as well. we have been using them for 2 months without any trouble.

We've tried several. AWB was one of them. We did not achieve stable thruput.
Best was gigaset sx682.

Using 6db backoff up and down and enabling extended range mode and adding 2 harq. Retries on up and downlinks we have not had a speed problem. We noticed the indoors we’re shifting into higher modulations sooner than the moto cpe would. Since those changes we have deployed 40 of the indoors with no complaints from customers using 1.5 and 3 meg packages. We use the outdoor gear for anything higher

How is the overall performance of the AP using the indoor CPE? I thought lower power level
(-80, -90) connections cause the AP to work harder reducing overall available bandwidth.

That been our reluctance to deploy. Let me know.

alliance wrote:
How is the overall performance of the AP using the indoor CPE? I thought lower power level
(-80, -90) connections cause the AP to work harder reducing overall available bandwidth.

That been our reluctance to deploy. Let me know.

And as increased Backoff reduces modulation for outdoor cpes, too...
you should see an overall decrease of sector capacity.

PMP320 needs to handle Backoff on a per client basis to overcome this.

I think the name of the game in wimax. Is keep your AP at the highest modulation. Installing a bunch of indoor units at 80 - 85 signal will hurt you in the long run. I’m not saying don’t do it :slight_smile: Its just not wise. The AP itself is shifting down to talk to all them hard to hear SM’s. Which in return is hurting over all capacity in the AP.

Put it to you this way you have 50 subs on one AP. 6 of them are at QPSK all 6 QPSK SM’s are talking at the same time along with some other subscribers in higher modulation. Your AP is now down shifted so much the throughput capacity won’t even equal 10-m.

There is a time and place to use a indoor unit in 3.65. Just not many cases in my case :slight_smile:

Jay

Jay, I agree with you there. You sacrifice performance for convenience. However we were thinking about deploying some but to have a dedicated AP for it using an omni antenna. That way the self install stuff which can be priced less only limits that AP. Other higher capacity pro install customers connect to the other AP’S.

Low power does hurt thruput yes. We only use the indoor cpes at -78 or better giving us qam 16 also since the indoors are half the price we decided to run 6 basestations a cluster for capacity. Of course this isn’t cost effective unless you have a high subscriber density. Also we have some apartment buildings we are not allowed to mount gear so an indoor is our only option.

And I would love it if we could manually adjust modulation and backoff on a per cpe bassis