Initial F300-25 questions...

Running firmware 4.1.4

1) Press release says the Force 300's have local WiFi for configuration. I see a MAC address for that radio stamped on the radio but I don't see where I turn that radio on (nor do I see it broadcasting). Is this still pending a firmware update or am I blind?

2) Are these not backwards compatible with ePMP 1000 and 2000 APs running in TDD mode? I don't see any of my APs in the monitor page (we are still wating on our 3000 AP to ship).

3) Has anyone successfully removed the feedhorn from the dish after installing it? I feel like I am going to break something trying to get them separated...

@Au Wireless wrote:

Running firmware 4.1.4

1) Press release says the Force 300's have local WiFi for configuration. I see a MAC address for that radio stamped on the radio but I don't see where I turn that radio on (nor do I see it broadcasting). Is this still pending a firmware update or am I blind?

2) Are these not backwards compatible with ePMP 1000 and 2000 APs running in TDD mode? I don't see any of my APs in the monitor page (we are still wating on our 3000 AP to ship).

3) Has anyone successfully removed the feedhorn from the dish after installing it? I feel like I am going to break something trying to get them separated...

Hi there,

1. Support for second, wideband wifi chipset on board for configuration purposes will come later in 2019. For now second chip is only utylised for live spectrum analyser scans.

2. We are working on software that allows forward and backwards compatibility. It will be released not long from now. I'll try to update this topic with date for that.

3. You can really easly do it. Flat screwdriver will help a lot - just try to slightly "open" metal holders with it to release feedhorn.