intrinsically safe ?

need to install canopy at a petroleum/gas company… they are asking me it this kit is intrinisically safe… (is it likely to cause an explosion if there is gas around )

If it is ok, is there any documentation I can send them ?

Look on the Canopy website. I recall seeing some information about this.

searched Hi and Low, but no luck… spoke to them they are searching for me… a number of vendors on google say it is complaint… I need some documentation to show the client

well, i have had canopy installed at a gas station for bout 7 months now and it hasnt exploded yet… :lol:

but i havnt seen any documentation bout it…

when i do a google… load of articles on how it is intrinsically safe… but I need to submit a formal documentation…

the stupid thing is that this company is in the middle of an industrial park, we provide service to about 60% of the customers there including them for internet.

But now they want to purchase the equipment and own their own little cluseter, and need the certificate…

I think the best you could tell them is that theyare compliant with standards EN301489-17 and EN60950 (from an old manual). I would also ask if they will be installed in a Class 1 / Division 1 or Division 2 environment.

But as far asn I know Canopy radios are not certified as intrinisically safe (also known as MSA certification :?: I think).

Aaron

Hi all

i installed a CAnopy CCTV network in a Petrol Company.
Inside the company there are a lot of different areas but only in some areas they need ATEX (or Intrinsecally safe) devices.
Normally they use Two Way Radios or Portable Phone that are intrinsecally safe because all operators are free to move in any areas.

I installed Canopy outside dangerous areas, where ATEX certification is not needed, and then CAT5+ and Video cables inside a ATEX Certified rigid conduit to reach Dangerous Areas.

Regards

i’ll try what acherman said. Chances are that they don’t know it all means anyway, and are just using the buzz words.