Is Force 425 "Enterprise" enough?

Hi! I have no experience with the ePMP series at all, so excuse my ignorance. I’ve only used Cambium PtP-series so far. But I really like the added throughput of the ax-chipset and the high gain integrated antenna as well as the 802.11at power support.

So the question is, what are the disadvantages of the Force 425 compared to PtP450i and also PtP670 (all of them with integrated antennas). Looking into mounting nine of them at one tower, replacing older gear. I know the PtP670 is “the best” in crowded spectrum, but what else?

I know that Force 425 does not support GPS sync, but not sure how much of a problem that is - the old radios they will be replacing are not using GPS sync either, and it has worked ok…What are the benefits of GPS sync, really?

Thanks.

Thank you very much for the answer!

So if I have enough spectrum available, there is no need to use GPS sync for PtP links from the same tower? Is that correct understood?

If so I guess I’m good with Force 425…

@sjordet you are right!

Force 4600 FCC will have GPS but to be used for automatic frequency coordination.

Thank you so much! Just two more questions…

How much spacing do I need between 20 MHz channels when I have several radios in the same tower?

And second, I know PtP670 has the best DSO of any Cambium product, but how does the Force 425 compare to PtP450i?

Promise this will be my last questions! :slight_smile:

As a typical rule of thumb, for unsync’d radios, I typically use a 10MHz guard band for every 10MHz of channel width. So with a 20MHz channel, I’d use a 20MHz guard band.

The F425 does not have any DSO-like features. The F425 is a faster and more robust radio in 5GHz than the PTP450i in almost every situation (topline speeds, Bp/Hz, nNLOS, noise mitigation, etc). Operators primarily use PTP450’s if they need a 3GHz or 900MHz BH. Also, I think the 450i’s may have better IP ratings if you need to use them in harsh environments.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.