Is it EOL? How old is it?

I’m taking over some PTP at work. We have about 20-22 PTP on Cambium 800/820S/820C/600 devices. Is there a way I can tell the age of a radio from the GUI and if it’s EOL?

There’s a page on our website listing the end-of-life dates of various products:

I think at this point all PTP-600 and PTP-800 products are end-of-life, but 820S and 820C should be supported.

2 Likes

Looking at this post and following the Product Lifecycle link sent me down a bit of a rabbit hole.
I have some old PTP 450, 5 GHz, integrated units in service. These look similar to the newer 450b Retro units.
I can’t tell if these show up on the product lifecycle list. My hope was that I could compare the SKU (e.g. C054045B001A) but I have tried looking at cnMaestro, and also logging into the PTP units and I can’t find any SKU information for my hardware.

I also noticed that cnMaestro’s exported inventory list doesn’t distinguish between some types of hardware that are very different. For example our integrated panel PTP-450i and PMP-450i AP (integrated sector antenna) both show up as PMP 450i AP and I can’t find anything that distinguishes them. I need to rely on the names that we have given them.

What am I missing?
Thanks
Don

So what’s your end goal here? Even though some of these models may no longer be sold, ALL of them still have current firmware updates available and all should still be able to be onboarded into cnMaestro. Just taking a look at my various PTP450’s and PMP450’s… cnMaestro seems to be able to correctly distinguish between all of them. How old is the firmware on these radios you’re having issues with?

I was mostly just curious and passing on some observations.

The good news and the bad news is that the units in question are installed on poles where they aren’t readily accessible. Good news because, as you say, they have fairly recent software installed on them (20.3.1.1). They have been working reliably for years and we have no reason to touch them. Bad news because, as far as I can tell, the easiest way to look them up in the product lifecycle chart would be by the SKU that is probably printed on the label and not available on cnMaestro or the GUI. I believe these units reached End of Support on 11/08/2022. I’m not aware of this causing any real problems but I don’t want to be surprised some day in the future.

My other point is that our PTP450i do not show up correctly in cnMaestro. I’ve pasted the view that appears on the Tools tab. Both ends are PTP450i but they show up as a PMP450i AP at the master end and a PMP450i SM at the slave end. This misrepresentation is true for every cnMaestro tab or view that I have looked at. e.g. Dashboard, Details, Tools, Inventory. We are using cnMaestro, on-prem, 2.4.2 R31

My suggestions are to 1. display the SKU in cnMaestro and/or the GUI as well as on the hardware label 2. Update cnMaestro to display PTP units correctly.

Thanks
Don