issues with 4.5 firmware

Hey all,

I am starting this thread so we can place a list of known bugs where we can find it!

For simplicity, follow the following format:

Device: F180

Firmware before upgrade :4.4.3

current running firmware: 4.5

AP firmware: 4.5

Network type: mixed N and AC

IP setting: manual/static

Bug found:

Can not assign a management vlan while in bridge mode. Shows red triangle while management vlan is enabled. Enabling data vlan has no issues, but still does not allow for a management vlan.

I found instead a wrong management of downlink and uplink.

Since upgraded to 4.5, our customers started complains low download at pick time and after 1 week of complains, we reverted back to 4.4.3

@telecomunicazio wrote:

I found instead a wrong management of downlink and uplink.

Since upgraded to 4.5, our customers started complains low download at pick time and after 1 week of complains, we reverted back to 4.4.3

Did you notice that all customers on AP had unstable uplink and downlink after rolling to 4.5?  If that is what you are saying in above post that is exaclty what I am seeing.. absolutley unstable uplink and downlink... on 4.4.3 our customers had  stable uplink and downlink. 

We are actively chasing a few issues. Please standby for an update to 4.5 with some key issues resolved shortly. Are you able to share the freqeuncy you were using when you saw the poor performance?

We are using 5180.... Also will expand a bit.... the sector has 13 SMs on it and all we did was upgrade to 4.5 for the sector and SMs and the unstable uplink and downlink began.. reverted back and everything went back to normal, stable uplink and downlnk.  Now we have another sector that is the "back" sector to the sector with 13 SM on it that has 2 SMs  on it and it is running 4.5 and the 2 SMs are running 4.5 and have no issues other than the SMs jump between the sector and smart antenna for uplink.   Not sure why one sector and SMs are fine while the other has issues.   Thanks!

A workaround that works is setting your separate management VLAN while in NAT to another VLAN, disabling it and then configuring the SM as bridged. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon, but that has worked for us in the meanwhile

Hi. I have a node of PMP1k + 3k, and 1 of them just stop forwarding just when i install the 4.5. Now im downgrade again to 4.2.2

Hmmm, not working. We have just kept our ptp links 4.4.3 for now as its a tad less glitchy.