L2 Tunnel / Pseudowire to R-Series Router

What options currently exist to support a L2 tunnel / pseudowire connection to the R-Series router? I see there is some VPN support, but I don't see a L2 connection available. How do I create a L2 tunnel from a tower device through to the R-Series router?

1 Like

Hi,Ā 

The cnPilot Home Router supports VPN connections with PPTP-based VPN servers.

For more details please refer to the VPN section in theĀ User Guide available on support.cambiumnetworks.com.

thanksĀ 

ashutosh

I already do see the VPN tab, and I have already read the limited information in the User Guide. It does not explain whether a VPN can be connected to a single network (i.e., to an "other" network that is connected to only one port or one SSID), and it does not explain whether the router will still be accessible if the VPN does not negotiate correctly. That area is very lacking I think.

L2TP tunnel can established with L2TP server like Mikrotik L2TP server. Once tunnel is established ,CnPilot router is assigned with Virtual IP address from Mikrotik . All the LAN PC or wlan cleints connected to CnPilot router will get IP addressĀ  from CnPilot Router (LAN DHCP of CnPilot router).Ā 

IP Addresses of LAN PCs and wlan clients will get NATed to virtual IP address of CnPilot router and reach the back end network of Mikrotik L2TP Server. Please revert for queries . We will soon post a KB article on L2TP and PPTP tunellingĀ 

@sandeshkumarb wrote:

...Once tunnel is established ,CnPilot router is assigned with Virtual IP address from Mikrotik

....IP Addresses of LAN PCs and wlan clients will get NATed to virtual IP address of CnPilot router ...

I am asking about a L2 connection that will go through the cnPilot (i.e., Layer 2 connection from a VPN server through all the way to a single port on the router using "other" connection).

I have the MikroTik in place, but I would like to use a protocol that allows L2 connection through the cnPilot.

We do not supportĀ Pseudowire or xconnect on CnPilot R-Series routersĀ