Lease Pool Full on R-201 after firmware update and more than 255 IP addresses

We are having problems with people getting onto our network that is using the R-201 router. We recently upgraded the Firmware to 4.7.3 r-21. I tried shorting the lease time to 4 hours and I will see if that helps. Any other ideas? This wasn’t happening before the upgrade that we noticed. I also would like to know if this router can be set to have more IP addresses than 255.
Steve Schuh

@steveschuh

Currently, R201 supports only /24 on LAN interface (max. 253 clients)
Please share Device tech support file while the DHCP lease is full

I replaced this unit with another R201 and I copied the configuration from the old one to the new one. I had the same errors and results of no addresses to hand out. Out of desperation I did a factory reset on one of the units and programmed it from scratch. That solved the problem. I don’t know what was causing the problem but it is working fine now.

@steveschuh
Please share the config file which is blocking the DHCP IP assignment.

cnPilot-r201-Tech Support File.zip (36.7 KB)
Configfile.zip (10.6 KB)
SYSLOG.TXT (50.0 KB)
I have taken this unit out of service and replaced it with a factory default unit which is working fine. This one and the other one before I reset it to default were not properly handing out DHCP addresses. You can see it in the attached syslog. Also I noted that under Network/LAN/DHCP client list there are still IP addresses stuck in there even though nothing is connected to it but one computer that can’t get an IP address. I have attached the SYSLOG, The Tech support .gz file from cnMaestro and the Config file from the router. Whatever caused this problem went away with a factory default reset.
SYSLOG.TXT (50.0 KB)

@steveschuh
Thanks for sharing the config and tech-support files we will update you shortly

Thank you. As I mentioned, doing a factory reset and then programming the router from scratch fixed this problem. I am just curious what was causing the problem and how it might have got into the configuration.