Link Planner dont Include the XV2-2T AP WIFI VERSION

I have to do a simulation of a PMP link using a XV2-2T WIFI 6 AP but this device dont show in the list of devices for the Multipoint customize, can you help to include this devide or what option or configuration have to use… thanks

1 Like

Hi Alejandro,

I am sorry but LINKPlanner does not offer outdoor to indoor planning capabilities, which would be required for a typical WiFi 6 deployment, so we don’t have any plans at the moment to include it in LINKPlanner.

It is included in our free WiFi designer tool, which can be accessed at Wi-Fi Designer - English

This tool is primarily aimed at indoor WiFi planning, but it may be easier to get an understanding of its capabilities from this tool.

If you have an all outdoor use case for the XV2, can you please provide more information about it, so that we can understand better how we should be including it in our tools.

Regards,

Rachel

1 Like

grettings, the XV2 Ap will use in an outdoor solution of Wifi, for example mouting in a park or public plaza for Providing of network to the all people in the site.

In LinkPlanner, the PMP links can be customized, but this device needed to be displayed to test and simulate this environment.

1 Like

Hi Alejandro,

Thank you for your response.

LINKPlanner currently expects to have known fixed locations and products for the subscribers, whereas it seems to me that you are looking for more of a heat map solution for the XV2 AP to see which areas will be covered.

We do hope to bring this feature to the online version of LINKPlanner at some point once we have finished the transition of the existing desktop functionality, however it will be several months before we can start to work on such a feature.

We do have a viewshed feature (see Viewsheds — Cambium LINKPlanner Online Help (5.6.8) or Viewsheds — Cambium LINKPlanner Online Help (6.1.3)) in LINKPlanner today, which will show you the radio LOS based on a selected frequency, from a specific location and height to an expected end height, which will give you some idea of coverage, but it doesn’t include the antenna mask or predict receive power.

The existing mapping and clutter data used by LINKPlanner may also not have sufficient resolution for the more limited range of these devices.

Regards,
Rachel

1 Like