A new release of the LINKPlanner is available from the download site.
The key features of 5.6.7 are:
60 GHz cnWave
- Added Channel Bonding (CB2) for V3000.
Channel bonding is only available in this release when both the local and remote ends of a PTP link are configured to V3000. When it is available choose 4.32 GHz from the bandwidth options.
In Tx Frequency choose the required channel from the following options:
Please note that the MCS mapping to modulation mode and coding rate are different for CB2 compared to CB1 and therefore the same MCS number is not expected to give double the data rate, when enabling CB2.
- ETSI/Israel regulations updated for 60GHz cnWave products.
- Added the capability to export cnMaestro compatible Node and Link files for quicker provisioning.
To access the export files, select File – Export – 60 GHz cnWave cnMaestro Export. Then choose the Nodes option to export the configuration for each radio in the PMP side of the project or Links to export the mesh and DN-CN link information.
To provision radios in cnMaestro requires the MSN and MAC Address. A new field has been added to both APs and SM Modules in the details pane to allow the MSN to be allocated to each radio.
If the MSN or MAC address have not been populated then that radio will not be included in the export files, a warning will be shown. The Name in the Access Point Details and Subscriber Module Details panels must be unique.
cnWave 5G Fixed
- Added 26 GHz Australia regulation
- Expanded Frequency range for 26 GHz “Other” to 27.5 GHz
- Updated B1000 antenna pattern
The change in the center frequency for the 26 GHz “Other” and the updates to the B1000 antenna pattern will change the predicted performance compared with previous releases. For Vertical polarization the antenna gain has generally improved resulting in a small increase in overall throughput for the BTS. For Horizontal polarization there will be some subscribers that show a small reduction in performance but the average for the BTS should be very similar.
- Updated PTP 850C to the wideband radios at 11 GHz.
- Added 112 MHz bandwidth for PTP 850C at 11 GHz.
- Added new Sentinel antennas for PTP 820 and PTP 850 radios.
- Updated capacity for 850E with and without Link Bonding.
The new throughput figures show an increase in throughput compared to previous releases due to the use of header compression. This is more noticeable with the smaller bandwidths and/or lower modulation modes.
- Added AC+DC power to Optional Extras of PTP 820G and PTP 820F.
Note that the previous PoE power options have been removed as they are not supported to power the split mount modems. A DC power supply is NOT included automatically in the BOM as many operators have their own local DC supply, therefore please select from the optional extras if required.
ePMP Release 5.3
- Added Radio Transmission Optimization option for 11ax radios.
This release introduces a new parameter called Radio Transmission Optimization which controls the Frame Period, please choose from the following options:
Note that these options are all lower than the previous default of 5ms and therefore will reduce the throughput.
- Added Connectorized antenna options to FCC/IC bands.
PMP 450 Release 188.8.131.52
- Updated Indonesia Regulatory limits in 5.8 GHz and 2.4 GHz band.
- Updated Ruggedized Coupler loss
The ruggedized coupler losses have been reduced slightly following additional testing.
- Added support for XV2-22H to BOM Estimator.
- Added support for XV2-21X to BOM Estimator.
- Added support for XV2-23T to BOM Estimator.
- Retired XH2-240 from BOM Estimator.
- Modified Mesh Link table to reflect AP Name in the Left and Right Name columns, instead of site names and added sector number to DN Sector Links with column.
- Ensure 60 GHz cnWave SMs update correctly when changing sector.
- Added warnings to the 60 GHz cnWave if mesh links are within 20 deg separation zone.
This adds the mesh links to the previous warning which only considered the links to the CNs.
- Improved V5000 installation alignment and mechanical tilt angle information in the installation report.
When using a V5000 for a single PTP link the installation alignment of the radio is different to the angles to the other end of the link. This is to ensure that the DN is aligned to have the wanted path in the main lobe of one of the sectors and not in the null between the two sectors. Also the DN supports electrical elevation alignment, therefore there should not be any mechanical tilt added to the DN.
- Corrected cnWave 5G Fixed Best Server error, when some of the bandwidths do not support all the mod modes.
- Added missing MC-ABC activation key to PTP 850C when the Link Type is 1+0 and Polarization is Vertical.
- Corrected PTP 850E Parent Level Performance Summary Throughput when the configuration is Multiband 2+0 Link Bonding.
- Fixed error while switching to 23GHz band from 80 GHz Multiband configuration.
- Updated PTP 700 BOM for the 7/8 GHz radios to add one extra LPU and replaced the single RJ45 drop cable with the double RJ45 cable, when configuration is 1+1 and 2+0 internal sync
- Removed internal ACM license part number (N000082L029) from PTP 820 optional extras
- Ensure user set EIRP and Power values respect the power resolution step increment size for the given product.