longest orthogon link

what is your longest orthogon link? ours 119.8km screen shots available. just want to know what every one else is doing and longest link.

Can you also post if connectorized or integrated and what size dishes if connectorized?

connectorized 6foot dish 5.8 gemini

what sort of throughput are you seeing. Could you post more details. site elevations, antenna model, dual pol or single pol, maximum throughput, uptime etc

It would be helpful for everyone

64qam 7/8 14.86mbps, master/slave 7800’ roughly, radio wave 6’ dish and dual pol feed horn. uptime just linked up this am 9am cst monday 1-29-07. gemini unit

79.7 miles 64QUAM7/8 14.86Mbps each way 60MbpsBH
Gabrial 4ft dual pol master at 7739ft slave at 5577ft

72.6 miles 64QUAM7/8 14.86Mbps each way 60MbpsBH
Gabrial 4ft dual pol master at 9370ft slave at 3523ft

nice

Damn, and I was exicted about a 50.6 mile link that we just turned up the other day. :cry:

Gabriel QFD4-N-52-RK dishes - 20’ space diversity at one end. 64QAM 3/4 - 13.40 Mbps each way. Master at ~4020 ft (280 ft AGL) - Slave at ~5400 ft (top dish at 280 ft AGL).

I love these radios!!! 8)

Aaron

Do you think we will be able to do a 42 mile link with 3 foot dishes?

Well, that all depends on the path. It would be best to use the Link Estimater Tool provided by Motorola.

Aaron

Yes I love them too. We actually had a 40 ft tower at 9379ft come down. The 4ft dish moved 20ft horrizontally and the link was still running. The link is about 40miles.

Im not impressed much with the 150’s though. The 72.6 mile link I mentioned above with 60Mbps radios runs real good at 14.86Mbps each way. We changed the 60’s out with 150’s and they only run at about 19.08Mbps each way. The 60’s only having a 20Mhz wide channel handle the noisy environment better then the 150’s with a 30Mhz wide channel. The site is at 9370ft. I have 2 links using 150’s and 1 using 30’s. These are the only 3 5.8Ghz equipment at the site and the spectrum is full.

I will probable put the 60’s back in place and use the 150’s for a different location.

This thread had been written almost a year ago now.

So, the big question: of those long-distance links, how many are still up now? How many have been reliable the whole time without any failure? From what I see, getting over-30-mile links up is easy compared to keeping them up working through natural effects such as ducting and fading which can cause losses up to 30-40db in some cases.

The 72 and 79 mile links are still going strong. In the last two years other then when the tower fell I can only remember loosing the 72 mile link twice, and in both cases it was due to a dish without a stiff arm moving. The dish now has a stiff arm in place.

Both links are only tx at 19dBm and rx at about a -59dBm and only fade to about a -65dBm.

My 49 and 51 mile links are strong and haven’t dropped out at all - space diversity and UPS power is great! :wink:

Aaron

Cstan wrote:
This thread had been written almost a year ago now.

So, the big question: of those long-distance links, how many are still up now? How many have been reliable the whole time without any failure? From what I see, getting over-30-mile links up is easy compared to keeping them up working through natural effects such as ducting and fading which can cause losses up to 30-40db in some cases.

Still up and running strong. Customer is in northern AZ