Losing GPS Sync at all sources on a tower

Hi,

I have a tower that loses GPS sync on multiple sources (ePMP 1000's but also a packetflux syncbox) for 12-18 hours at a time.  It started during a really bad storm (maybe coincidence), but since then it seems to happen almost like clockwork at the same times everyday. Almost 2 weeks as of today.  About the only time I see the devices get sync are from ~8am-3pm EDT

When the devices lose sync, Monitor -> GPS usually shows 14 visible 0 tracked but after a few hours the visible sattelites seem to slowly drop to 10, 8, then 4, etc until 0 are visible many hours later.  

We own the tower so there is no other equipment on it except ours. It is also in a remote location with only a few houses around. If it is interference, what would I be looking for? I read that GPS uses 1575.42Mhz & 1227.60Mhz.  Not sure what would even use that frequency.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of issue, and what can be done to solve it?

where do you place the gps receptor? it happens to me sometimes!! 

They are attached to the tower above the AP sectors.  Same with the syncbox.  All GPS receivers have good LOS to the sky

We had new site we recently brought up on top of one of those 200ft tall million gallon water tanks. Our enclosure is inside the concrete and steel base of the tower. We can't run anything outside and the packetflux gps unit can't see any sats from inside so we had no choice but to use the GPS on the ePMP 2000 AP's.  

The radios are 200ft in the air on the very tip top of the tank , nothing but sky in all directions, and yesterday one of them loses sync (and sight of all sats) for almost 3 hours. Then suddenly it got it back.  All three radios normally have 18 tracked / 20 visible.  This one AP suddenly seen 0 for 3 hours while the other two still had 18/20. When it finally came back up it was right back at 18/20.

In my experience once one of these radios starts doing this crap it just keeps getting more frequent and for longer periods. So I guess we are going to have to put the packetflux stuff at the top of the tank just so we can get reliable sync to these radios.

@brubble1 wrote:

We had new site we recently brought up on top of one of those 200ft tall million gallon water tanks. Our enclosure is inside the concrete and steel base of the tower. We can't run anything outside and the packetflux gps unit can't see any sats from inside so we had no choice but to use the GPS on the ePMP 2000 AP's.  

The radios are 200ft in the air on the very tip top of the tank , nothing but sky in all directions, and yesterday one of them loses sync (and sight of all sats) for almost 3 hours. Then suddenly it got it back.  All three radios normally have 18 tracked / 20 visible.  This one AP suddenly seen 0 for 3 hours while the other two still had 18/20. When it finally came back up it was right back at 18/20.

In my experience once one of these radios starts doing this crap it just keeps getting more frequent and for longer periods. So I guess we are going to have to put the packetflux stuff at the top of the tank just so we can get reliable sync to these radios.

did this happen durring rain, or shortly after? 

I've had a problem with pucks that where installed flat getting wet and causing problems.    installing them vertically, so the cable is going straight down will fix that.