Loss of GPS alarm

Hi Jordan, this is still a problem.

AP is on 4.7.0.1, connected to cloud cnMaestro.

Customer reported to us they are offline. We’ve logged into the AP, found the GPS sync is down, so radio has entered hold off mode.

No alarm raised in cnMaestro.

1 Like

@Anish FYI I’ve raised case 375969 about this. This issue has been affecting us for over 2 years now…

1 Like

We’ve been informed via ticket 375969 that when a GPS fails, only a notify severity level is set to the associated alarm. Can this urgently be changed to major - because it’s a major issue if there is loss of GPS, resulting in hold off resulting in all connected customers offline.

1 Like

@Jagdish_Girimaj is this something you can help with?

Notify events don’t trigger email alerts, minor major etc do.

1 Like

Hi @jessearcher,

Currently only alarms are notified via email and not events.

Regards,
Navya

Hey @jessearcher , Jordan appears to not work at Cambium anymore. Last time on the forum was 8/2/23. Have you looked into utilizing a different software, maybe for only monitoring this specific event?

PRTG is free for up to 100 devices, so you could monitor these. Or a simple ping based monitor for known customer IP’s on your problem AP’s. Long ago I used IP Sentry, and it worked great for basic email alerts based on Ping.

@Navyashree_BN just to reiterate @jessearcher 's point - loss of GPS sync is a major issue and should trigger an alarm in cnMaestro, not just an event.

2 Likes

Vote for this, and share with others that are interested Custom Alarms in Maestro

1 Like

Yes you are right. But since the alarm is not reported, we are not receiving any email. This issue need to be fixed. We will update once the fix is available

1 Like

Jesse is correct - in no Universe is this a minor or just a ‘notify’ severity. A loss of GPS sync is a major issue and it should trigger an alarm in cnMaestro for sure. :+1:

2 Likes

Custom Alarms in Maestro Vote here to get their attention, hopefully they’ll move it into consideration

And tell your friends or Maestro users that would find this valuable. Custom alerts in a monitoring software is pretty standard.

1 Like

Yes, folks should vote. :+1: I’m honestly less optimistic these days, because it seems that these only appear as ‘PAID features’, but we still should vote and we can hope for the best. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Exactly – what is a minor issue to me, might be a critical issue to you or to someone else. :+1:

2 Likes