M2 Antennas

Amazing, simply amazing. I wish I had tried them sooner.

17dB M2 gave +10dB over a 14dB Cushcraft.

Just incredible.

We started using M2’s roughly 6 months ago due the the positive feedback on this forum. My biggest complaint with them is the inferior mount which is pure crap when trying to keep the M2 17 from sagging. I just ordered some KPP yagis since they took the M2 and refined it. Even after factoring in Canadian shipping they are cheaper than ordering M2’s from Double Radius.

FWIW I’ve seen a few forum members state that in some cases the Hyperlink 15dBi grid outperforms the M2’s. I just received two the other day and look forward to field testing them.

Yah - same here - I tried the 17 M2 - it sagged badly - looked like crap. Customer wasn’t very happy. I also have some Hyperlink grids on order. Anxious to see how they perform.

I didn’t see a dramatic improvement over a 14 M2 - however, I only tried it the one time since the mount is so bad.

Cheers.

Welcome to the club. :slight_smile:

We love our 17’s. I still require Cushcraft 9013’s be used where possible.

We have used the M2 17 for about two years now, they haven’t listen to our companies complaint about the yagi sagging and our customers hate them because they look like crap, sagging etc. We have just got our samples from KP performance and it works just as good as the M2, but no sagging the bracket is great. The cost from these guys is less then what we would have been paying for the M2 but there product is much nicer. 8)

I’d never buy the KP antennas. Period.

Okay, I guess you have your reasons for saying you will never buy from us period! But I was just trying to get our product out there so companies like yourself could see a new product. I’m not saying what I did was right. A learning curve for me. We were a wisp for 5 years. We were the largest wisp in Northern Alberta Canada. So if you don’t want to buy our product because I spammed you, (it stopped by the way, that day!) Thats your right, but come on who’s spamming who now! The forum I agree is for companies like yourself to learn about problems and sometimes new products. You have never tested our product and thats fine. But your reason to put this out in the forum seems weak.

Hope you have a better day
:slight_smile:

jakkwb wrote:
Yah - same here - I tried the 17 M2 - it sagged badly - looked like crap. Customer wasn't very happy. I also have some Hyperlink grids on order. Anxious to see how they perform.

I didn't see a dramatic improvement over a 14 M2 - however, I only tried it the one time since the mount is so bad.

Cheers.

M2 is fixing it....

Hello Gary,

I was wondering if you have had a chance to check out one of the more recent version of the 917ISP. Because about 4-6 months ago we made a redesign on the change to the cradle for our antenna to allow it to clamp down to a 1.25â€

^^^^^^

Great to hear that. I know I complained a lot to Steve over at Doubleradius about the mounts and clamps and all. I hope that information made its way to you. :)[/quote]

Something else some may not be aware of, stainless steel bolts and nuts which have a high likelihood of seizure. So be sure to spray on some Anti-Seize lubricate on the treads, or you may not get the nuts back off.

Alabam wrote:
Something else some may not be aware of, stainless steel bolts and nuts which have a high likelihood of seizure. So be sure to spray on some Anti-Seize lubricate on the treads, or you may not get the nuts back off.

We use Burndy PenetroxA13 on all stainless hardware instead of the specified WD40.... WD40 washes off too easily. :D
Alabam wrote:

We learned that the hard way on a few occasions!

Yah! Way to go M2! Thanks for listening to us!

I can’t wait to get some new ones to try.

Now, how about matching the price with KPP?

Cheers.