Maintenance Mode for cnMaestro

So I've already recommended this in the early days when it was CNS.  But I thought I would bring it up again fresh in a post to see if it's something worth the team focusing on.  cnMaestro needs a 'Maintenance Mode'.  This would be the option to manually set a device status as Maintenance, telling Maestro to show it as say Orange on the map, instead of Red, and exclude it from showing on the number of devices down.  For example, we have some temporary setups we do for county fairs that we know are down on purpose, so instead of deleting the devices, it would be easier to manage them if we could set their status something other than down.

I've also liked the idea of having an idle/down time frame option to where if a device is down for X days it tells you so that you can address it.  You could also have a script that after x days without a response, it removes the device from Maestro.  This would help eliminate the need for constant audits of duplicate devices from repairs, etc.

I wholeheartedly support this feature request… Especially since the email alerting in cnMaestro is not very good about “batching.”

I have a switch (non-Cambium) at an MDU that is supporting 7 Cambium APs. The switch is having problems and dropping offline and then coming back 15-45 minutes later, which is causing the 7 APs to lose connectivity. But we’re not getting just a single email for all 7 APs… instead we get 7 individual emails, or sometimes 3 or 4 emails with them in groups of two or three, or sometimes 3 emails with 2 APs each and then a 4th with just one AP… it’s madness. And then we get the same pile of spam when the APs come back online.

I just want to pause/suspend the alerts for that set of equipment (currently arranged into a single “Site” within a single “Network”), but that’s not possible.

I would suggest that this feature should be flexible - I want to be able to suspend alerts for a whole Site, or for a single Network, or for individual pieces of equipment. I do not necessarily mind those devices showing as “down” if they truly are offline; I definitely do not want them to be sending email alerts when in “maintenance” though.