Management with bridged Network

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can assist.

We occasionly need to run a Bridged network on our R201ps ( we normally run a Natted solution ) and have massive problems with network loops after a few hours.  It used to work for us, but I wonder if newer firmware releases have fixed 'workarounds' and we need to look at a new config.

Requirement:

Management network for the R201p - untagged/vlan1

Transmitted SSID - Bridged on vlan912, taken back to a MIkrotik Gateway.

In the older releases, we had to push a command in the over-rides but not sure this is still required?

mwan_is_bridge=Route Bridge

Is anyone running a bridged setup with a management network?  If so, mind sharing your configs?

Hi,

Are you using cnMaestro to configure the routers ? In that case you may still need to use the over rides option. However if you are directly configuring using the device GUI this would not be required.

Hi, Prior to the 4.5 R7 firmware, which Im ever so sorry I loaded onto my R201P
I used to be able to to do wonderful things.
One of the setups that Im still struggling to get working now with the exact same config used before is Bridging.

So my setup was as follows

Connection 1: Internet > Static IP > NAT Disable

Connection 2: Other > Bridge - IP Bridge

Connection 3: Management > DHCP > VLAN 99 > Trunk

Connection 4: Management > Bridge > Hardware IP Bridge > VLAN 99 > Trunk

LAN Side was a static IP with DHCP disabled The hardware ip bridge allows the management vlan to passthough the from wan to lan switching it to the next Cambium Router and allowing another router to get a management IP for cnMaestro.

The nice thing is that the LAN side doesnt have access to the managent VLAN, but can still access the router from the local IP.

The problem I now have is that with the new firmware the Managent Access still works but the internet config so broken.

Can someone please help me with this? I will sent a complete config upon request.

Hi, Prior to the 4.5 R7 firmware, which Im ever so sorry I loaded onto my R201P
I used to be able to to do wonderful things.
One of the setups that Im still struggling to get working now with the exact same config used before is Bridging.

So my setup was as follows

Connection 1: Internet > Static IP > NAT Disable

Connection 2: Other > Bridge - IP Bridge

Connection 3: Management > DHCP > VLAN 99 > Trunk

Connection 4: Management > Bridge > Hardware IP Bridge > VLAN 99 > Trunk

LAN Side was a static IP with DHCP disabled The hardware ip bridge allows the management vlan to passthough the from wan to lan switching it to the next Cambium Router and allowing another router to get a management IP for cnMaestro.

The nice thing is that the LAN side doesnt have access to the managent VLAN, but can still access the router from the local IP.

The problem I now have is that with the new firmware the Managent Access still works but the internet config so broken.

Can someone please help me with this? I will sent a complete config upon request.

Hi ,

Can you send a clear drawn topology and both router configuration in a mail to me at nileshkumar.singh@cambiumnetworks.com ?

Also , mention below information .

Which release it was working ?

What exactly is broken in Internet ? 

Regards,

Nilesh