Many BHs on same CMM Micro

I have a site that is fast becoming a center point for linking remote sites to the main NOC. At the moment we have 2 BHs and 4 APs connected to the CMM Micro. We setup a third BH link but when we connected it to the CMM everything went down (3 BHs + 4 APs). Is it possible to connect many BHs + APs to the same CMM? Like maybe 5 BHs + 1 AP for example? Or is there a limit to the number of BHs that we can connect to the same CMM?

Regards
Greg

The CMMmicro has 8 ethernet ports. It does not matter what type of device you are connecting (AP or BHM). The issue will be with the channel planning and physical installation. We have a CMM with AP’s, BH’s and other gear connected to w/o problems.

When you say it went down do you mean it lost power or that the radios were all accessible but not transmitting? If it lost power then you probably need a thicker gauge wire going from the power supply to the CMM Micro.

If it stops transmitting can you give us more information on the bands and frequencies used for each piece of equipment on the tower?

gregoryeid wrote:
I have a site that is fast becoming a center point for linking remote sites to the main NOC. At the moment we have 2 BHs and 4 APs connected to the CMM Micro. We setup a third BH link but when we connected it to the CMM everything went down (3 BHs + 4 APs). Is it possible to connect many BHs + APs to the same CMM? Like maybe 5 BHs + 1 AP for example? Or is there a limit to the number of BHs that we can connect to the same CMM?

Regards
Greg

We've got one site that has 4-APs and 4-BHs all plugged into the same CMM.

DAn

Hmm I have almost all my cmm’s maxed and 2 towers even have 2 micros on them =) We are useing 2.4 aps and then 5.2 and 5.7 bh’s I have never had any issues with connecting to many devices. How ever I have made a loop once and it took down the whole net =) But that was just a silly mistake.

My main distrabution site has 3 45mb bh 3 20mb bh and 2 900 ap at 9000ft no problems at all the 45 are using diffarent timing though but they still tie into the cmm for ethernet connection.

cbotts what did you mean by a loop?

I think he was referring to a network loop.

Correct was meaning a network loop.