Mesh Client not providing Internet Access

Good day,

I have two cnPilot E600 AP’s that are both being configured and managed via CnMaestro.
My intention is to create a Mesh Network with one AP as the Base and the other AP as the client.
Both APs should be providing internet service over a guest network that is accessible to the open public via vouchers.

At this point in time, I am able to set up the Mesh network (client and base APs connecting perfectly and I am able to manage both from cnMaestro.) I am able to connect to the internet when connecting to the guest network being provided by the Base AP. However, my problem is that I am unable to connect to the internet when connecting to the guest network being provided by the Client AP.

My configuration is as follows:

Physical Setup:
The Mesh Base AP is physically connected to the router - it is configured to provide Guest Access to the network as well as provide the Mesh Base.
The Mesh Client is placed in another room and is only powered on. It is configured to provide Guest Access to the network.

WLAN Config:
Through guidance that I have found here on the community site. I have configured the WLANs as follows:

• Mesh base and Mesh clients are on the same SSID and have got identical Security and Passphases.
  • Both Mesh Base and Client are set to 5 GHz radios.
  • Guest access WLAN is open security, mesh is set to off, running on the 2.4 GHz radio and is using the cnMaestro portal for guest access.

Mesh Base WLAN Config:

Mesh Client WLAN Config:

End User (Guest Access) WLAN Config:

AP Group Configuration:

Mesh Base AP Group Config:

Mesh Client AP Group Config:

The Mesh Client AP was physically wired to the network to perform the initial configuration before being placed in the separate room.

Results:

• The Mesh Client and Mesh Base connect with one another successfully and I am able to manage the client and base APs successfully from cnMaestro. :white_check_mark:
  • Devices connecting to the Guest network via the Base AP can connect to the internet once authorized. :white_check_mark:
  • Devices connecting to the Guest network via the Client AP cannot connect to the internet. :red_circle:
  • Devices connected to the Client AP are assigned IP addresses but they cannot be pinged by other devices on the network. (including the Client AP).

Please help.

In the group configuration, create a separate VLAN 2, configure it with the addressing type 10.10.10.1, create DHCP for it and then change the Geust WLAN VLAN settings to 2.
If it doesn’t work, you will have to look at it more closely.

Hey Pshemo,

Thank you for your feed back.

I tried creating a new VLAN 2 on the Mesh Base and Mesh client AP groups. But this resulted in end user devices not being able to connect to the guest network at all.

I can support you remotly. Would you add me to the cloud controller ?

Hope the issue is resolved.

Thanks @PFR for your support.

1 Like

Hi,

I have reached out to cambium support at this point in time. We have still not identified the issue.
I will return to this feed with an update once we have resolved the matter.