Mobile Android App to configure

@newkirk wrote:

(My guys mostly won't use it)

WTF?  That's an awesome ap.  Combine that with a LinkTechs.net battery and you can be on/off the roof in no time. It's awesome and appreciated man.

Wanted to follow through on my statement above - I've created a page at http://epmpme.newkirk.us/source.html that talks about and explains the app from the dev side.  I don't have a single archived pack yet, but the full source directory is at http://epmpme.newkirk.us/source for those interested.  If you have (or are willing to set up) a Cordova development environment you can edit/alter/build the app yourself.  (maybe change to YOUR MIR numbers instead of ours...)  In general, html5/css3/javascript are the required skillset to alter the app.

j

1 Like

Hi Alex

I am interested in the POE Battery Wifi Bridge you mention here - do you know where you can get these?

Jeremy

Something going on with the GEVA website I think. The link he provided should work but doesn't atm.

You can buy them several places, Link Tech has them.  The only real downsides to the GEVA product is , in our experience, they are pretty fragile. We went through 3 in one month. One the on/off switch broke , another the micro-usb port broke, and another we plugged into a customer radio that wasn't working and it fried the GEVA. We also lost one when it started to sprinkle and instantly killed it. Last we used them the wifi was only  2.4Ghz so worked great for installing/aiming 5Ghz or 3.6Ghz radios but not so much 2.4Ghz radios due to interference.  Loved the size though and it charges via USB so you can just keep it charged in the truck between installs/surveys.

This app is great.  I use the linktech device.  The app does not work in 3.4.1.

@Matt Reeser wrote:

This app is great.  I use the linktech device.  The app does not work in 3.4.1.

Which app - mine for Android?  If yes, then what/where does it break?

j

Yes, yours for android.  It simply says "something broke" when I try to log into the device.

Thanks for the heads up, I wasn't aware.

I'll try to take a look at it this weekend.

j

Thanks  for the work, this app is great!  I am just aiming it in an older version and then upgrading the SM later.

hello guys

follow print error in android tool.

Firmware  3.5

ANDROID VERSION OEM !! PLEEASEEEE !!  newkirk app not working in v3.5 firmware. Thank you !

Apologies to all, back when I posted the sourcecode for the ePMPme app I completely forgot to post the accompanying updated APK that I've been testing against fw3.5.  So the latest version on my page in apk form was NOT the one I meant to be there, and did NOT work with V3.5.

Stupid of me, but it's up there now.  The source code is v1.2.29, the APK is now 1.2.33 (not 1.2.7!) and works with V3.5, though NOT with V3.4.1.  (both source and APK)

Again, really sorry everyone.

I'm hoping to make some time to work through the app and improve the alerts and errors somewhat, but don't have any particular plans for other features or changes.  If anyone has requests let me know and I'll see what I can do.

j

2 Likes

@AlexTrevisol wrote:

hello guys

follow print error in android tool.

Firmware  3.5

Just wanted to reply to this - the error messages you're seeing are happening because the app is not getting an HTTP response from the radio within the timeout. (for the getAlign function that's 1.5 seconds)  I'm hoping to make some time to clean up the error reporting and reduce the occurance of those messages.  (to be honest I rarely get them, even VPN'ed from home over another ISP into the network I manage)

Also I wanted to note, for what it's worth, that 192.1.1.X is a legitimate publicly-routable IP block, per ARIN's whois service: "Bolt Beranek and Newman Inc. BBN-WAN (NET-192-1-1-0-1) 192.1.1.0 - 192.1.1.255"  Unless that's you, then you may at some point run into routing problems.  Not saying it's likely or necessarily important, just pointing it out - a consultant on our network before I was involved was using 172.168.x.x everywhere - which block is owned by AOL.  And I redirect US DoD's 11.a.b.c block to a router on my workbench and netmap it to 10.a.b.c, letting me reach our 'live' IPs on the test bench without IP conflicts, from anywhere in the building or over VPN just by subbing 11 for 10 as the first octet.

j

Which products are you using and are the best from yourr experience? PoE with WiFi Hotspot power bank, so you can plug in and access the Force devices via WiFi with mobile phone?
We are looking into buying one of them, but would be gratefull to have some feedback from your experience.

Thanks