Multi Client PTP

H

What sub 6GHz PTP products support multi client?

PTP550?

I think the PTP670 does?

Thanks

Adam

Hello, I think you are referring to our HCMP (High Capacity Multipoint) feature of the PTP670.  There is a good video here that goes into the details (32 min in), but at a high level:

- up to 8 nodes are supported from a single PTP670 Master

- requires a sector antenna on the master

- a license key is required on the Master to enable the functionality

- traffic can be shaped (e.g. 1:1, 1:2, etc.)

- sector capacity is split amongst all of the nodes (e.g. 4 nodes = capacity/4)

A good way to see what products are supported is through LINKPlanner.  Design a PMP link and the applicable products will be selectable.  The PTP670 will be a selectable option.

HCMP is useful for a small number of nodes.  If you are looking to have more granular ability to traffic shape (i.e. allocate more bandwidth to a particular node), or have more than 8 nodes, a standard PMP setup would be more optimal.

1 Like

Also, it's worth a mention, even though it isn't sub 6GHz, that our PTP820C product can do something similar called AFR (Advanced Frequency Reuse).  Page 72 of the latest PTP820C Technical Description goes into more detail, but in general:

AFR enables operators to reduce the angular separation requirement between links at the same frequency channel and the same polarization from the currently required 90-120° range to angular separation as low as 10-40°. This enables operators to deploy an additional adjacent link at the same frequency spot, thereby simplifying network deployment.
AFR can also be used to boost the capacity of existing links operating in adjacent channels by enabling wider channels in AFR mode.

Essentially a single PTP820C can provide two independent RF links using the same frequency pair.

1 Like

@SBBinc wrote:

H

What sub 6GHz PTP products support multi client?

PTP550?

I think the PTP670 does?

Thanks

Adam

Interesting question. By all logic, the PTP550 -should- work as a dual client PTP product when using a sector antenna. You could use 1 Force300 to connect to radio 1 of the PTP550 and another Force300 to connect to radio 2 of the PTP550. Not saying you would want to, just saying it -should- be possible. 

1 Like

Can I have the recommended antenna for the PtP670 HCMP? Preferably, if you can send the data sheet of the specific antenna required to install a sector

Hello, we recommend our C050000D004 90 degree sector antenna, but you can use any third party antenna if you need a more narrow beamwidth.  Other options are selectable within our LINKPlanner design tool (setup a PMP link and choose PTP670 HCMP).   You will also need the jumper cables to connect to the antenna (N-Type in this particular case).

https://www.cambiumnetworks.com/products/pmp-distribution/4-9-5-ghz-dual-pol-90-degree-sector-antenna/

https://www.cambiumnetworks.com/products/backhaul/ptp-670/