multiple cmm micro sharing one gps sync

Is it possible to connect more than one cmm micro which share only one GPS? We are interested in expanding one of our clusters which currently run off one cmm and a gps unit. Is there a way to sync them all together without using a second gps?

you will link the two cmm’s together

drdrew wrote:
you will link the two cmm's together

using sync cable similar to the one you would use to sync sm's together if you don't have a cmm?

well i stand retarded.

we use seperate gps antenna’s for each cmm micro. i apologize for my wrong answer earlier.

Each CMM will need it’s own GPS antenna. There is no way to slave the sync from one CMM to another.

I was under the impression that setting the GPS timing pulse to Slave on the CMM would disable GPS receiver on the CMM and receive it from the BHS? I must have confused myself. Or was this just for daisy chaining or something, if even?

Clarification?

I was thinking of this…

Design 5
1. A CMM provides sync to a collocated BHM or the BHM generates timing.
2. This BHM sends the sync over the air to a BHS.
3. This BHS delivers the sync to a collocated AP.
4. This AP passes the sync in the additional link over the air to SMs.

Nevermind.

You can carry sync to a remote AP as you describe. This is a supported application called “Remote AP”.

Alternately you can use another CMMmicro but that’s costly. A PacketFlux SyncPipe is only 150 bucks.

computer_girrrl wrote:
Is it possible to connect more than one cmm micro which share only one GPS? We are interested in expanding one of our clusters which currently run off one cmm and a gps unit. Is there a way to sync them all together without using a second gps?

If I understand you correctly, you have a CMM and just have run out of ports on it..... And by CMM I assume you really mean a CMM (or CMM2), not a CMM Micro.

Your choices are to buy another sync device (CMM, or one of the third party ones (Disclaimer: PacketFlux.com is my company) ), or do some parallel wiring work.

Quite simply, all you need for sync to work is for pins 1 and 6 to be tied to a sync source. So you can take pin1 on the CMM timing port and tie it to pin 1 on a couple radios, and also take pin 6 and do the same. I would recommend you still leave the master timing port the same if you do this and do this on one of the secondaries.

-forrest