Need To Run An AP in 40Mhz/5ms Frames/75%-25% Downlink

I realize that this isn’t an option yet, but can you tell me when a software will be released that will allow us to run our 450i AP’s with the following settings please?

1. 40 Mhz Channel
  2. 5.0 ms Frame Period
  3. Downlink Data at 75/25

We are currently running 16.2.2 Firmware on our AP’s and SM’s and the max we are able to run our Downlink Data is at 67%.

Is there a timeline for when 75/25 or higher would be an option?

Thank You,

Scott Pope
Arbuckle Communications

2 Likes

This will not be supported as running 40mhz channels is to big a frame to run in 5ms timing. 40mhz with 2.5 is the best you will ever get.

@Arbuckle_Comm and @Bryan_Neumann, this feature to enable max duty cycle for 40 MHz and 5 ms frame is targeted to R21, this year. If you’d be interested in trying the beta when it is available we’d appreciate it. I don’t have an accurate estimate for the beta or release yet.

Note that when this is released, SMs will need to be on version 16.1 or higher to even register to the AP in this 40 MHz 5 ms frame high duty cycle configuration. But since 16.1 was release in 2019 I hope this won’t be too big of an issue. Of course AP and SMs should be running the same version anyways.

1 Like

Note that Scott asked the very same question in this thread as well…

1 Like

Yes and No Matt. I probably didn’t do a very good job of communicating my questions. The question listed above involved a 450i AP. The other question was referring to a 450m AP.

The ultimate goal ,of course, is to have the ability to run both models of Access Points in a 40Mhz Channel with 5.0 ms Frames.

Thank You,

Scott

Charlie,

I would be very interested in testing this Beta release as soon as it becomes available! We are currently running 16.2.2 Firmware across our Network on APs and SMs. In addition to that, we are also running 16.2.2 (Build STA-1) on several of our APs and SMs.

I certainly appreciate your offer and look forward to the release.

Best Regards,

Scott Pope
Arbuckle Communications

I missed the nuance in your question Scott… but the good news is that R21 will address BOTH of these things!

1 Like