Network migration - Mikrotik to Cambium

Hello everybody,

I want to change my network provider from mikrotik to cambium. Now I use a routherboard with minipci cards R52Hn as AP and Mode Bridge. And also the authentication is external (server + db). So, in mikrotik I use radius configuration (ip server + secret) and a profile (mac auth + login + password).

I didn't find on documents of ePMP1000 about mode bridge or authentication by mac and login and password.

Could anyone help me?

We are  working on getting this informatiaon for you. In the mean time, if you have any questions, please contact us at solutions@cambiumnetworks.com.

thanks

Ray

@amandacmelo wrote:

Hello everybody,

I want to change my network provider from mikrotik to cambium. Now I use a routherboard with minipci cards R52Hn as AP and Mode Bridge. And also the authentication is external (server + db). So, in mikrotik I use radius configuration (ip server + secret) and a profile (mac auth + login + password).

I didn't find on documents of ePMP1000 about mode bridge or authentication by mac and login and password.

Could anyone help me?

Hello,

I think you have two basic questions here. One is about Bridge mode in ePMP and the other is MAC based authentication. For information around bridge mode, it would be best to take a look at our user guide. There are screen captures on page 180 on how to configure it. 

The user guide can be found at:

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/

As far as  using MAC addresses for authentication, unfortunately this feature is not avaialble today but we will look at prioritizing this feature to add in an upcoming release. Please don't hesitate to post any additional questions for support as you migrate to ePMP. 

Sakid

Also I'm migrating my network ubnt and microtik to cambium, but I am having a lot of trouble ', I wish also to cambium there was a tool discoveri to find devices in the network, then it would be better if there was a safe mode function, or test, and also that the devices cambium is potrebbere view from equipment microtik, I would also like cambium I would cheare more 'bridge and vLAN to put in the bridge. sorry for my English is not perfect.

another interesting thing would be to have the pppoe client’s MTU to 1500

Hello,

Thanks for your response. It helped a lot! Actually, it solved this problem, but created another! rrs

Now I have the ePMP-1000 AP in WiFi mode and an Intelbras in mode Client and Bridge with DHCP LAN desactivated, because the DHCP provides from the Switch. I can't connect with the Intelbras working with these configurations. But I can connect using a iPhone or my notebook. There is another configuration in this new mode (Advanced WiFi) that I have to set enable for another devices like Intelbras???

Obs: Model: Intelbras wom 5000

Hello,

I'm not familiar with Intelbras equipment, but do you know if you are currently using WDS option in that client? You will need to emnable that option to connect to Cambium AP running in WiFi mode.

Regards

1 Like

No, I'm not using WDS option. I'll try it right now. Thank you for your response.

It worked perfectly in mode Cliente with WDS option activated! Thank you very much.

Just one more thing... heeheh

I used to work with free-radius to access control (downlink/uplink rate). Any ideias how to set a limit? Now the test-client is working but without any rate limit.

Obs: the option of QoS is no longer available in mode "Advanced WiFi"

If your switch have traffic control capabilities, maybe you can implement it there (for example, Simple Queue mechanism in the MikroTik RouterOS based router/switches).

Hello Team,

I still can get things right, as I have been on this for some pretty long time now, Like I earlier said I have this Epmp 1000 Hotspot Radio, as it's pretty heavier to bring up it splash page, So i decided to use the Mikrotik one, There is something I really want to acheive, but it seem I'm getting things all wrong, I want to stage an hotspot in my office and I want all pool of IP set to come from My Mikrotik Router and Mikrotik splash page, but still can't get that.