new batch

Hello,

I just received a new batch few weeks back and the SM are too weak, at places where we have actually reduced signal here its same and the units are under performing.

I have advantage AP, and 2x turned off. the new SM are 5.7 with p10 and version 8.1.5 installed by default.

Like a swap scenariao, the old SM had 57db with jitter 1, and the new one got 77 db with 2-3 jitter. (sm kept full power default)

Was there any change we missed ?

abdock wrote:

Like a swap scenariao, the old SM had 57db with jitter 1, and the new one got 77 db with 2-3 jitter. (sm kept full power default)

There is a known issue with certain batches of P10 hardware where the Transmit/Receive switch fails due to an issue with the glue used to place this part on the board. Typically these fail within a few hours of being in use.

The symptom is low Tx power, or low RX power, or both... seems like around 20db or so.

You should be able to rma any SM which is seeing this.

I understand that the failure rate is rather low, but seems to go in batches... I.E. it might be less than 1% overall, but you may see several in the same box of 25.

See Previous Post- P9/P10 Boards dbm levels

I think the percentage is alittle higher. Over three months, I have returned closer to 4 % as failing in the RF side

Thanks for pointing out the p9/p10 thread. But it only mentions the false reading issue, with me the sm does not throw enough power and fails to register, i don;t really care if it was only reporting issue as it would still be able to establish connection.

have reported with moto, lets see what they come up with.