New feature of AutoSync/Freerun and iGPS

I know the use of iGPS is currently discouraged.
But with the new firmware 12.1 there is a new feature of AutoSync/Freerun which enables the use of generated sync signal when the main GPS singal is lost.
Does this mean that we can use iGPS again safely?

Apologies for the delayed response.

You should use the Autosync feature. While technically Cambium Support will not support a trouble ticket where iGPS is your sole source of sync, in most cases the iGPS will find an adequate number of satellites and track them just fine.

CambiumMatt wrote:
Apologies for the delayed response.

You should use the Autosync feature. While technically Cambium Support will not support a trouble ticket where iGPS is your sole source of sync, in most cases the iGPS will find an adequate number of satellites and track them just fine.

Why won't Cambium support it?
smwtech wrote:
[quote="CambiumMatt":1dwwsh9i]Apologies for the delayed response.

Why won't Cambium support it?[/quote:1dwwsh9i]

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8465
"It has been determined that the reliability of the GPS device as implemented on the PMP 450 Access Point device does not perform to the level we would expect for a synchronization source"

To be completely truthful our engineers are very conservative and don’t feel there is enough margin to sensitivity of the iGPS (the onboard device). In some installations, the iGPS may not be usable.

However, in the majority of installations, it should find enough satellites and maintain lock. Autosync takes the worry out of it. If you have redundant sync sources, it will choose one that it knows to be working and fail over to another if that one has issues.

I understand that, but your post said, “While technically Cambium Support will not support a trouble ticket where iGPS is your sole source of sync”.

That makes it seem like if you are using iGPS, Cambium won’t support any trouble tickets on the device regardless of what they are for.

Apologies if it sounded like that.

I mean that Tech Support will not troubleshoot the use or function of iGPS itself, not that other support requests on a device using iGPS will be ignored.

CambiumMatt wrote:
Apologies if it sounded like that.

I mean that Tech Support will not troubleshoot the use or function of iGPS itself, not that other support requests on a device using iGPS will be ignored.

Okay, that makes more sense and is understandable.