New install / initial thoughts / questions

Good morning everyone,

So I have successfully imported quite a few devices and so far am liking how everything is looking.

• Bandwidth graphs are nice and informational
  • Imported devices automatically go to the correct location under the ap
  • Intergrated maps are a pretty nice feature
  • Onboarding is pretty straight forward

And there are a few other items that I'm liking for sure, but a few questions.

• Notifications, are there any besides what is shown in the interface?  I can't any email notifications, but maybe I'm just missing it.
  • Local network scanning, are there any plans to integrate local network scanning and import like CNS server does today?  Maybe that is coming with the local installation of cnMaestro?
  • Exporting, is there any way to get a complete export of my devices?  When I do an audit it would be nice to get a complete list, when I do an export under inventory it only lists the mac and IP.  Is there any other available exports that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Ryo

1 Like

Ryo,

Email notification is high on our list but work has not started on it yet. Are you looking to get alarms via email or some reports on network health and perfomance being emailed to you periodically?

We are not planning to implement local scanning. As you can guess, this will not be very useful from cloud, because in almost all cases, you will not be able to reach the internal subnet from internet. Even for the NoC deployment of cnMaestro, we are looking at a DNS based discovery mechanism. You would just need to update your DNS server such that "cnmaestro.<yourdomain>.com" resolves to cnMaestro server. Cambium devices will lookup this name and will automatically show up in cnMaestro in the onboarding queue. 

We are actively working on making it easier to add ePMP SMs to cnMaestro and hope to have an update within this month. Once you onboard an ePMP AP, you will be able to see it's list of SMs from cnMaestro and claim all of them from cnMaestro without having to login to each SM and enter your Cambium ID and key.

For exporting devices, we will allow exporting of the table that is displayed on the "Monitor > Intentory" page. It already has an export button, but is limited to exporting what is displayed. We will enhance it to export the entire table (CNSSNG-2118). 

Ryo,

what information would you like to see in the inventory table? Here is what we are considering.

Hostname, MAC, IP, serial number, product model, software version.

Anything else?

--Rajesh

I think that would be a great start...

I think the more you can provide the better, I can always remove them from my spreadsheet if I don't need them.

Some statistical information would be great, connection information (AP connected, quality, frequency), GPS coordinates, etc.

Any of this information I could import into my accounting system be able to map data and client equipment.  Anything I don't have to enter in twice would be great

Thanks,

Ryo

device description would be nicee. we have the devices labeled for our invatory and the description is the customer name. 

+1 for email notifications.  For us, this is an imperative feature.  Ideally, we should be able to setup different notification groups that send email to different email addresses or with different trigger rules.

For example, we should be able to setup a notification group for backhauls.  In the event that a device in this group goes down for greater than 90 seconds it should trigger an alert to notification group 1.  

A second example would be "canary" devices on our network.  We should be able to setup a notification if any devices in this group are down for greater than 30 minutes so we know that there is a power outage that we need to address.

Another +1 for email notifications of alarms and warnings.

Also, I can not find any way to remove a device from our inventory. We took a radio down for good and I want to get it out of the list since it does not need to be reported as "down".  I must be missing something but I see no way to remove a device...

1 Like

@Au Wireless wrote:

Also, I can not find any way to remove a device from our inventory. We took a radio down for good and I want to get it out of the list since it does not need to be reported as "down".  I must be missing something but I see no way to remove a device...

You can remove devices using "Home > Onboard Devices > Unclaim" tab.

Rajesh_V wrote:

You can remove devices using "Home > Onboard Devices > Unclaim" tab.

Palm to face!

Hi.

About "Once you onboard an ePMP AP, you will be able to see it's list of SMs from cnMaestro and claim all of them from cnMaestro without having to login to each SM and enter your Cambium ID and key."

This function is already available?

thanks a lot,

Michele Pietravalle

Hi,

This feature is still not available but is part of our early roadmap. We are planning to roll out this feature by early 2016.

Thanks,

Ajay

Hi, Ajay.

Do you have any commit date for this early roadmap?

onboarding the SM from Maestro can be really time saving!

thanks a lot,

Michele Pietravalle

Hi Michele,

It is planned and expected to be available by Q1, 2016. Hope this works for you.

Thanks,

Ajay

Hi, any update about this feature?

it can be really interesting auto-onboarding the SM associated at one AP!

thanks a lot,

Michele Pietravalle