New rugged Outdoor CAT5 Cable

Achieving system-level 99.999% availability and high customer satisfaction requires a complete system solution. End-to-end connectivity includes high performance radios, management systems, and proper installation and grounding. Commercial or indoor Ethernet cable is insufficient for wireless broadband applications and can put both your connectivity and reputation at risk. Choose the right cable to deliver the best connectivity.

Get the details HERE.

Why?

What is wrong with all of the other vendors cable on the market?

Why not focus the efforts on fixing all the f#@$k ups with the Force 300 rather than pissing away money on launching an outdoor cable.

*smacks head*

After a few years of others testing it I would probably try some but after getting burned by the first gen ubiquiti tuff crap I will never again use any cat5/6 that hasn't already been in use by many others and passed the test of many years in the sun, ice and rain.

Oh hay, Can you make some dayglow orange (high vis) direct burial cat5 cable like the coax cable/sat  guys use to just lay on the ground until the subcontractor comes along to bury it ?  Put a messenger wire on it too so I can ground my stuff the same way the cable/sat guys don't.

That would be nice.  

Is there a link to get more info? The link above goes to another enail signup form, but i dont see any real info anywhere.

I get a download link in the middle of the page goes to the attached pdf pamplet.

1 Like

@brubble1 wrote:

I get a download link in the middle of the page goes to the attached pdf pamplet.

OK, me too now, thanks.  :)  Before I was getting a form asking for email to subscribe to the newsletter... dunno what I was doing wrong, but it's working for me now. :)

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback and ideas for new features.  We'll have a look at them for new products.

Both the infrastructure cable and the industrial cable we are offering are based on industry-proven designs that have been in production and deployments for years. 

1 Like

You guys should create a "Cambium News" sub-forum to announce new products that don't fit to any specific sub-brand, like accessories and other general announcement type stuff.  Might help avoid silly off-topic things like that first comment... :)

1 Like

I will put that announcement forum together soon.

Why come out with this expensive cable when fiber plus DC is better and likely cheaper?

@glipschitz wrote:

Why?

What is wrong with all of the other vendors cable on the market?

Why not focus the efforts on fixing all the f#@$k ups with the Force 300 rather than pissing away money on launching an outdoor cable.

*smacks head*

I doubt the guys working on the radio software stopped what they were doing to design this new cat5!  

So cambium should design and sell one product??   Passing up oppurtunities to turn profits with other products?

*smacks head*