New XE3-4 Wi-Fi 6E access point

Learn the details about the new Wi-Fi 6E AP that is a cost effective solution for 2.4 and 5 GHz today and makes it easy to migrate to 6 GHz as devices appear in your network. Cambium Networks - XE3-4 Wi-Fi 6E Access Point

1 Like

several smartphones now are wifi 6 capable including Samsung, Motorola, and Google. Lenovo and Acer will be releasing wifi 6e capable laptops in the next month or two as well.

XE3-4 has a unique feature in that the 4x4 radio can be configured for either the 5GHz band or the 6GHz band thus allowing flexible frequency planning, future use of the 6GHz band if desired, or targeted high density 5GHz coverage.

I type this with my Pixel 6 Pro connected to the 6Ghz band of the WAX630E.
2x2
4x4
2x2
Well if it would properly identify the 60Watt POE I connected it to. It saw my Cambium injector as AF and shut off all it’s radios. (That was fun.)

Really wish it was the XE3-4. And that my DNS stuff would get addressed.

are you able to purchase one of our XE3-4 wifi 6e indoor access points?

@jim
Are they shipping in the US yet?

I am in “hard stop” until the DNS issue is fixed. (June July better get this thing fixed.)
But all my distros are out of stock of everything.
I have not seen any XE models show up as instock yet.

@jim
Shipping in the US?

yes it is shipping in FCC, IC, CE regions as well as a few others from what I understand.

were you able to purchase one of our XE3-4 wifi 6e access points? We also have the XE5-8 which is an indoor wifi 6e product. Both models support tri-band operation for indoor.

Have 2 here now. Have 1 out at a test site.

1 Like

any feedback yet on the XE3-4 performance at 6GHz?

I only have one 6E device.

But I can say that as long as I stay in the room I can stay on the 6Ghz radio with my phone. WiFi calling was solid on 5Ghz… but on 6 its definitely clean.

1 Like

ok great. the 6GHz band offers a large spectrum for use indoors (5925-7125MHz) which can be very valuable for high-density AP indoor deployments and high client count. One thing to note is that per the FCC/IC Rules for 6GHz the maximum AP transmitter power allowed is restricted per channel bandwidth use. So 20MHz channel BW maximum power is 9dB lower than 160MHz channel BW. So for a downlink (AP to client) you would benefit by using a wider channel BW, but of course the wider the channel BW the worse the receiver sensitivity will be so the overall link-budget does not change. This Rule by the FCC and IC for the 6GHz band is different vs Rules for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.