NSE 3000 VPN Configuration Guide details

Get the details on configuring VPN servers and client configuration in the NSE 3000 VPN solution.
Post your questions and comments to this thread.
NSE300_VPN_Configuration_Guide_05122022.pdf (1.2 MB)

Coming from Mikrotik… A bunch of their routers have IPSec hardware acceleration. And they took forever (over a decade) to stop using OVPN as TCP.

I was forced into using L2TP+IPSec as that’s what they did well.

After a few years… Your Rasphone file becomes really unwieldily. It takes about 2 minutes to even open the program in my windows 10 laptop. The GUI VPN in network monitor, stopped showing the VPNs I was adding a while ago… But I digress (or ramble).

Mikrotik added OpenVPN with UDP and LZO just last year.

But they also added Wireguard.

Wireguard is so much more efficient. Adding the public keys is a little tricky… But jumping between Connections is so much better.

It’s layer 3 rather than layer 2… So tunnels vs interfaces takes some getting used too…

But… When I am out and about… I turn on Wireguard on my droid. No matter what I connect to… It keeps sending my traffic back to my office, then on to the interwebz. I don’t have to keep turning it on and off everytime I change IPs of services. The packets go… They match on the other side… It keeps on working.

It’s also fast compared to other protocols.