NTP From DHCP When Using Static IP?

If I let the ePMP get its NTP information from the DHCP server, will it still go for a DHCP request if it has a static IP set?

[Can I set a static IP on the radio and still get NTP information via DHCP?]

Thank you - Chris

Hi Chris,

Until and unless the DHCP option is not enabled on the Radio it will not take any DHCP IP address and it will remain in the assigned Static IP address.

You do not have to change any settings on the Radio, except adding the NTP server IP address under the Configuration --> System --> Network Time Protocol (NTP).

I have also attached the screenshot for your reference to configure the NTP settings.

Regards,

Yogesh Giriappa

Cambium Networks – Technical Support Team

Hi Chris,

Adding to my previous comment, you cannot set the Static IP address on the radio and still let the Radio get the NTP information via DHCP, if you want the Radio to take the NTP setting via DHCP then you will have to configure the radio to take the IP address via DHCP and then it will also get the NTP setting from the DHCP if the DHCP address and NTP server address are same.

Regards,

Yogesh Giriappa

Cambium Networks – Technical Support Team

@Support_Yogesh wrote:

Adding to my previous comment, you cannot set the Static IP address on the radio and still let the Radio get the NTP information via DHCP, if you want the Radio to take the NTP setting via DHCP then you will have to configure the radio to take the IP address via DHCP and then it will also get the NTP setting from the DHCP if the DHCP address and NTP server address are same.

Thank you for the clarification. I do know how to set the NTP settings, but I'd rather not have to do it manually, especially when changes may happen. I'll consider adjusting my radio network settings to allow for DHCP address assignment.

-Chris