Old FSK user converting to ePMP ... troubleshooting dropped SM question.

I suspect this is a simple question with very simple answers but since I have not found the answer I am asking anyway.

I came from an entirely FSK network. We then installed 450 and 450i equipment. The software for the SM and AP in those platforms is almost identical so troubleshooting is a breeze. However, with the new epmp being added to the mix I am having a heck of a time troubleshooting an SMs that have poor signal and drop, or lightning taking them off line, failed power supplies, customer unplugging the power supply and so on.

Generally in an FSK or 450 you log into the AP look at the Session Status tab and use the sub tabs to look for registation count re-registration count and idle sessions.

I cant find anything similar in the AP of the epmp. Am I missing something simple?

I am starting to feel like I need to go to the next cambium epmp training available.

Hi Brandon,

We do not have same  information display option in ePMP like PMP.

You can find session drop information for all SMs on AP:

Monitor ->  Performance -> System Statics.

1 Like

Suman,

Thanks for the reply. I had come accross that screen but was trying to find more specific data as it relates to a specific SM dropping session of being off line from the AP. I assume there must be a way to find that and SM has dropped session. Other wise how else would and administrator be able to troubleshoot issues with a customer.

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for reply.

I checked in all available documents and we do not have information available for individual SM on AP.

Hello,

You could potentially use the "Session Time" information in the Monitor->Wireless page to tell if SM have been deregistering, as this timer shows for how long the current connection for that particular SM has been up. But in order to have session drop counts for a particular SM, you will need to go to the management interface for that SM or query the SM via SNMP.

@Brandon Yuchasz wrote:

Suman,

Thanks for the reply. I had come accross that screen but was trying to find more specific data as it relates to a specific SM dropping session of being off line from the AP. I assume there must be a way to find that and SM has dropped session. Other wise how else would and administrator be able to troubleshoot issues with a customer.

the pefrmance stats on the CPE will track the number of network entries made,   its just not counted on the AP  (good idea for a feature request!!!!)

1 Like

@Luis wrote:

Hello,

You could potentially use the "Session Time" information in the Monitor->Wireless page to tell if SM have been deregistering, as this timer shows for how long the current connection for that particular SM has been up. But in order to have session drop counts for a particular SM, you will need to go to the management interface for that SM or query the SM via SNMP.

119 subs!!!     your picking on that AP a lot aren't you ? lol

119 subs!!!     your picking on that AP a lot aren't you ? lol

Wow - 119 subs.  I'd love to see some more details and performance stats on that.