one AP broadcasting two frequencies?

Has anyone ever encountered an AP eval that showed the same mac adress broadcasting on two different frequencies? Any thoughts on why or how?

=================================

AP List
Current entry index: 0

Index: 0 Frequency: 2435.00 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-24-b3-25 Canada (RC: 2 CC: 3)
Jitter: 7 RSSI: 669 Power Level: -81 Beacon Count: 16 BRcvW: 1 FECEn: 0
Type: Multipoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 338 Range: 8526 feet TxBER: 1 EBcast: 0
Session Count: 24 NoLUIDS: 0 OutOfRange: 0 AuthFail: 0 EncryptFail: 0 Rescan Req: 0
FrameNumber: 278 SectorID: 1 Color Code: 1 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 20
NumULHalfSlots: 16 NumDLHalfSlots: 49 NumULContSlots: 1

Index: 1 Frequency: 2415.00 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-24-b3-25 Canada (RC: 2 CC: 3)
Jitter: 16 RSSI: 1142 Power Level: -62 Beacon Count: 26 BRcvW: 1 FECEn: 0
Type: Multipoint Avail: 0 Age: 9 Lockout: 0 RegFail 0 Range: 0 feet TxBER: 1 EBcast: 0
Session Count: 0 NoLUIDS: 0 OutOfRange: 0 AuthFail: 0 EncryptFail: 0 Rescan Req: 0
FrameNumber: 722 SectorID: 1 Color Code: 1 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 20
NumULHalfSlots: 16 NumDLHalfSlots: 49 NumULContSlots: 1

Hey!

Until you reboot the SM, it’ll show a ‘ghost’ image of an AP which has had it’s color code changed.

I’m not so sure if this is the case. The frequency on the access point was changed just after it was installed (a few years ago) and since then this SM has had software updates so it has been rebooted.

Hey!

I meant to say ‘frequency’ of the AP, not the color code. My bad. Is it possible the AP has had it’s frequency switched since the last SM reboot?

Not a chance. That site not changed since before October 2007. We have updated the software at least three times since so the radio has been rebooted three times.

I saw this on a competitor’s AP not long ago while turning my new AP into an SM to scan the spectrum. Same MAC, Color code and number of users in each display on different frequencies. One at -58 and the other at -9 with 2415 and 2457.5 as the channels shown. Wierd. I can get an SM to see an access point in the same room at anything less than -38. There AP is a couple of miles across town.

i have read where the frequency spacing will bleed over a little and cause this. i don’t run anything but 900 mhz however and have never seen it there.