p10 problems

I have nothing but problems with 8.2.2. Tech support only admits to one of them. If anyone has any resolutions to any of them please let me know. Here is my list…

1. p7 and p8 boards constantly lock up on p10 AP’s. I was given a patch by their engineers that seemed to resolve it.

2. constant stack dumps on p10 aps. As requested I have sent ~10 cnut captures to their engineers with out any response.

3. Some sm’s will only see the AP in alignment mode at slightly higher mileage then the AP is configured to. I have tried re-aiming adjusting rasing elevation, however if i swap out the SM currently aimed with the same board SM and firmware version it registers just fine. I fail to see how this could be anything but an 8.2.2 issue. In five years I have never seen this issue until 8..

4. My high end customers SM’s keep locking up with time set errors in the event log. I have swapped out the SM ~5 times with the same results. Again a problem that never existed with 7.3.6.

5. Extremely poor performance on p10 BH’s. I would have never upgraded if I didn’t lose some in a fire, but I don’t have a choice.

6. I have had to RMA two brand new p10 AP’s. I have never had to RMA any other AP’s.

Are you in US?

If yes than, just go ahead to their hq? you have rights dont you? 8)

I need to downgrade a P9 AP to 7.3.6, fast. I don’t know what to do, I don’t want to loose another client, and worst of all, my company reputation of good quality service. Do you know how hard we work to get thing running smooth with very low budget?

Because of this problem, I will be switching to another manufacturer. This is the kind of response we, the small service providers receive from large corporate companies, for them we are insignificant lab rats that we can test software.

Moto, Do you think I would then recommend to my carriers clients the Moto WiMax?

Where can I find the PKG file for the 7.3.6 firmware?

ridnet wrote:
Where can I find the PKG file for the 7.3.6 firmware?

Check your PM's

Whats the band of your BH?

Man,

I just can’t believe how bad Motos canopy support is. I’ve been using this product for 5 years and they just BLOW. Never helpful; Make you jump through hoops; Deny everything; And then, as has been the case several times with me, they prolong resolution so long your product is out of warranty.

It’s ironic, seeing how most of us here value the advantages in support we provide for our customers. We are willing to do most anything reasonable to convince our subs that they CHOSE the best value in service. Completely opposite our platform choice. At least we have this forum.

Vince, I too am experiencing problems with P10s, specifically the backhauls . Try as I do, I get really poor performance. I have been told to downgrade to 8.1.51. Trouble is, when I do, I start getting these rediculous ethernet lockups. I am fed up with motorola and their terrible service and overpriced products. What started off as an exciting venture has turned into a time-consuming and emotionally draining mess due to an unstable IOS and poor support.

Yeah I agree. I stopped dealing with tier one and now im working with tier 3 and 4. They at least admit they have problems.

One thing that makes me seriously upset is when you call about a problem then a few months later call about the same problem and they tell you no one has ever reported a similar problem. Then you look at the canopy forum and you know there are several other wisps calling support about the exact same reason.

They are working on resolving the problems, i have a patch 8.2.4 that is supposed to resolve most of the problems. Then they are working on 8.2.5 that should be resolve all of the problems (I will believe when i see it).

vince wrote:
Yeah I agree. I stopped dealing with tier one and now im working with tier 3 and 4. They at least admit they have problems.

One thing that makes me seriously upset is when you call about a problem then a few months later call about the same problem and they tell you no one has ever reported a similar problem. Then you look at the canopy forum and you know there are several other wisps calling support about the exact same reason.

They are working on resolving the problems, i have a patch 8.2.4 that is supposed to resolve most of the problems. Then they are working on 8.2.5 that should be resolve all of the problems (I will believe when i see it).

But we lost our customer already because the very nice decision from motorola to force every SM/AP go to HWS

The decision to go to HWS was made in 2004.

In 2005 the “Upgrade to Advantage” program started.

In 2006 the program was considered done.

In 2007 P9’s were phased out pf production and the 8.x fiasco started.

In January 2008 Moto declared that 8.2.2 is nearly as stable as 7.3.6 (not really but close). They expect to have 8.2.5 out in April/May which they feel will be 100% as stable as 7.3.6 (show me). Summer/Fall should bring us 9.0.

So, if you waited to upgrade AP’s to P9 until 8.x came out, I would assume it has been especially painful.