PAL Auction Upfront Payment is due Friday June 19

For all those who have submitted your short form 175 and are looking to participate in the PAL auction, an important milestone is coming up on Friday June 19th - the upfront payment.

This is more important than just putting up a deposit for the auction.  This payment establishes your maximum bidding eligibility per round, which cannot be increased during the auction.  Essentially it is the number of 'poker chips' you want to bring to the auction.  You can reallocate bidding units during the auction, but cannot increase the number of bidding units during the auction.

However, due to the rules of the auction, putting a maximum upfront payment across all counties and PAL's you wish to bid on may not be ideal.

I've put together a document to provide some understanding of how the auction works and how this upfront payment will be used to establish bidding eligibility.  While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, this auction is very complex and this document is not intended to be the sole source of information for FCC auction 105 and it is recommended to retain legal assistance for those operators who participate in the PAL auction.  I've made this document free of charge, but feel free to DM me if you would like additional consulting on anything wireless (i.e. Network design, CBRS, PMP Optimization, PMP/PTP Configuration, Training, cnPilot setup/design, etc.).  I'm a former RTM who has started my own consulting business.

Good luck with the auction!

1 Like

I haven't seen any posts on this topic, but please keep in mind that there are strict rules around discussing potential PAL bidding interests until the auctions are complete.